diy solar

diy solar

GSL 8k non DEYE installation help! (Megarevo??)

I started to make a post and I don't know how to delete it.

Tonight I noticed that the PV/Battery dropped to zero. I got a warning on inverter Bat over Vol. First measurement off the inverter was 57v. Battery measured 53.3. BMS was in standby mode but it was actually triggering a short. I thought BMS went bad but after 5 times it latches off. When I turned it off the battery input at inverter had dropped to 40 something volts. I think it bleeds down slowly.

Long story short I turned every thing off, rebooted with battery and it came on as normal. I flipped on the grid and 30seconds to a minute later the lights went out and then came back on. Had this happen a time or two before.

I think all this over voltage stuff is a fault with inverter including bus over voltage. You can see that during the reboot and getting everything powered up I also go Bus over vol. PV was 275v and 85 watts from all three arrays as it was at sunset.

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 21-35-26 IotaWatt Graph.png

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 21-36-26 SOLARMAN Business.png

Attached is the manual for the GSL Hybrid 8k, I replaced an old Solar Edge inverter (2011) and the inverter looks solid. My understanding is that GSL is a manufacturer. Google it.

Attachments

• 48V inverter USER manual.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
Attached is the manual for the GSL Hybrid 8k, I replaced an old Solar Edge inverter (2011) and the inverter looks solid. My understanding is that GSL is a manufacturer. Google it.
GSL is selling the rebadged Megarevo inverter.

Thank you for the post. Looks like a much updated manual. Has some information we were unsure about before, but yet still vague on some.

There was a post mentioning they were working on the Generator function. Looks like, based on manual, they are close or GSL has the firmware?

Looks like the menu system will or has a complete new structure.

Look forward to finding, getting, or someone posting the firmware when available. Still don't see or heard of the smart load function being implemented.

I'm dumbfounded they've handled this inverter introduction to the market so poorly. Not only has there been no sense of urgency for getting the software ironed out and all the features unlocked, but no communication either??? Crazy, I'm sure I'm not the only sale they've lost over it. Hopefully they get their act together soon...

Last edited:
I was studying the GSL manual posted. Everything jived until I get to this section :
7.3 Main Screen
The LCD is touch
screen, below screen shows the overall information of the inverter.

Then it changes to a touch screen programming or settings. I missed the touch screen and assumed that the setting menu has been changed. Looks like a big error in this new manual unless I am missing something or the LCD is touch screen and we just don't know it yet. But as small as it is I don't see how.

I was studying the GSL manual posted. Everything jived until I get to this section :
7.3 Main Screen
The LCD is touch
screen, below screen shows the overall information of the inverter.

Then it changes to a touch screen programming or settings. I missed the touch screen and assumed that the setting menu has been changed. Looks like a big error in this new manual unless I am missing something or the LCD is touch screen and we just don't know it yet. But as small as it is I don't see how.
The picture of the GSL looks like the mono LCD non-touch screen with 4 buttons underneath.
The Deye hybrid inverters all have (color) touch screens.
Are they "borrowing" from the Deye manual you think ?

The picture of the GSL looks like the mono LCD non-touch screen with 4 buttons underneath.
The Deye hybrid inverters all have (color) touch screens.
Are they "borrowing" from the Deye manual you think ?
The section before that it shows the LCD screen and describes what each button does. Makes no sense.

Here is their website https://www.gsl-energy.com, certifications are for manufacturing. Anyway their battery brick and inverter was a good buy for me. For any DIY this system is an alternative ?
I am pretty sure they manufacture batteries and they have certifications for that. What goes well with batteries? inverters. They are simply buying those from Megarevo and re-branding them with their own logo. I exchanged firmware from my re-branded Megarevo (blue sun) with a GSL owner and the software simply worked. I am pretty sure GSL does not manufacture the inverter technology themselves.

I am pretty sure they manufacture batteries and they have certifications for that. What goes well with batteries? inverters. They are simply buying those from Megarevo and re-branding them with their own logo. I exchanged firmware from my re-branded Megarevo (blue sun) with a GSL owner and the software simply worked. I am pretty sure GSL does not manufacture the inverter technology themselves.
Their latest US hybrid inverter is a 12k LuxPowerTek inverter. The older models looked like Deye. Megarevo has changed their look this year and are making more narrow inverters that are longer. Amensolar is a reseller of Megarevo for example. The deal is that when Deye gave exclusive rights to the US for split-phase inverters, it messed up all the other vendors who were selling Deyes. Sol-Ark's partnership with Deye makes them essentially the US branch of Deye now. Since then the other manufacturers seem to have filled in the gap. Both Megarevo and LuxPower have good looking split-phase inverter specs. I think GSL just looks for any brand they can sell. They pretend to be inverter manufacturers just like any reseller pretends to be a manufacturer. They just have an inverter 'team'. Just take a look at the manuals. In the new GSL inverter's case, its full of references to LuxPower not GSL. They are simply resellers.

LCD V1.03.11 and CPU V1.04.09 I relayed you message to Megarevo and they sent this
hello , just in the initial setup of a new install MR ,, having same issue ,, I see your reply from MR but only top half of pic , what does it say below when battery is full and load =0 then ???? your help appreciated :)

I read that as...

If your battery is full, and the inverter is powering a heavy load from PV, and the load is suddenly turned off (goes to zero), then there is a chance the inverter will trigger the "Bus Over Vol" alarm.

diy solar

diy solar
Back