diy solar

diy solar

MEGAREVO R8KLNA SBU MODE?

christianrodher

Grid tied certification on my country takes a couple of month to complete. Can the megarvo be configured like a normal off-grid hybrid inverter? SBU mode...
Solar power + battery power till battery reach 51v. Once battery is at 51v go to grid bypass and charge the battery till 55v with AC. Once battery is back to 55v switch back to battery mode...

Theres a way to configure this in the Megarevo R8KLNA?

Problem in general with the MR is the documentation (imo).
The latest EG4-8K manual is the most up-to-date afaik:
(link from my personal website, can not find the link on signaturesolar website)
I think it should be possible, but I wouldn't know how.
Mine is grid tied & is charging the batteries from PV, and below a certain threshold it charges from the grid again.
But it seems I am not smart enough to figure out better configuration.

Yea, thats the main problem. The manual is the worst. They fail to explain each setting in detail. I think mine has a upgraded firmware. for example Anti-reverse is called “Grid Sell” and other names also change a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_4428.jpeg
    IMG_4428.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 4
Yea, thats the main problem. The manual is the worst. They fail to explain each setting in detail. I think mine has a upgraded firmware. for example Anti-reverse is called “Grid Sell” and other names also change a bit.
It seems you are running the latest/greatest firmware available already, released in Nov of this year!
I just upgraded to this version this morning.

Last edited:
It seems you are running the latest/greatest firmware available already, released in Nov of this year!
Yea, i bought them from factory. Is a pain that here in puerto rico you gotta wait from 1 month to a couple of month for the permits after the application is send by the electrical engineer. You can export, but nothing is credited till they certified you

Back