diy solar

diy solar

GX Tank 140 Maximum Tank Distance

tellingson

I have an off-grid property and am planning to put in some underground tanks that I will use as a buffer between my well and my water system. I have a Victron system with a Cerbo GX and could potentially add a GX Tank 140.

Most of the products that I'm seeing are geared toward RV/Boat tanks. I have found some tank sensors (transducer) that will work for larger tanks, but I'm concerned about the distance from the tank to the Cerbo/GX Tank 140. The longest cable that I have found is 10m which won't be long enough unless I put my water tanks right next to the input device.

Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations?

Thanks,
Tyler

I have an off-grid property and am planning to put in some underground tanks that I will use as a buffer between my well and my water system. I have a Victron system with a Cerbo GX and could potentially add a GX Tank 140.

Most of the products that I'm seeing are geared toward RV/Boat tanks. I have found some tank sensors (transducer) that will work for larger tanks, but I'm concerned about the distance from the tank to the Cerbo/GX Tank 140. The longest cable that I have found is 10m which won't be long enough unless I put my water tanks right next to the input device.

Thanks,
Tyler
Not sure Tyler... maybe splice two together... old fishing trick..

Thanks,
Tyler
i use the tank 140 with a sensor calibrated at 5 feet suspended in a 9000 litre cement tank. sensor was $50 on amazon. tank is 15 feet from the cerbo device and i jst ran cable from the sensor to the tank 140

i used this sensor

Not sure Tyler... maybe splice two together... old fishing trick..
Ha ha. I just wasn’t sure if cable length would affect the accuracy of the readings or somehow limit the functionality. I know that cable length affects voltages. The sensors generally use changes in pressure, voltage, resistance, etc to determine the tank level.

Ha ha. I just wasn’t sure if cable length would affect the accuracy of the readings or somehow limit the functionality. I know that cable length affects voltages. The sensors generally use changes in pressure, voltage, resistance, etc to determine the tank level.
just calibrate the range of voltage on cerbo with measurements taken of level in tank….

i use the tank 140 with a sensor calibrated at 5 feet suspended in a 9000 litre cement tank. sensor was $50 on amazon. tank is 15 feet from the cerbo device and i jst ran cable from the sensor to the tank 140

i used this sensor
That censor has a 30 minute under water rating at 4ft. Bad choice! And it has a silicon liquid filling (not OK for potable water), and the casing of the insulator probably causes cancer. Just my guess based on cheap chinese garbage Ive seen in the past.

"With an IP68 rating, they are water resistant in fresh water to a maximum depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes"

Back