diy solar

diy solar

Handcart 48v w/EG4 3000 or MPP 3048 - Grounding/bonding confusion

Mirlen

I'd like to put together a handcart with a 48v 100Ah rack battery and either an EG4 3000 or MPP 3048 (Leaning towards 3048). I'd also like the possibility to use the AC-in charging to charge the battery sometimes. What if anything do I need to do in regards to grounding? I would have 4x 200W 12v class bifacial panels that would be the primary panels for charging and down the road another set of 4 of those that I can wheel out and run in parallel (~112v Voc per string) for a boost. Should the array be grounded to earth? (Through it's own ground rod or back to the subpanel I would connect to for charging?) Do I need to do anything in the MPP or EG4 in regards to bonding in this use? Would this change if I used the bypass mode on the MPP to use the 'shore' power to power loads?

You will need more solar panels than that to charge with solar..The minimum VOC is 120 volts..4 of those are probably around 80 volts..Real Clear Media channel on YouTube called Grounding & Bounding For Solar Inverters: Part 1: Basics That video is pretty good at explaining everything you need to know..
It seems like you are bound to promote that channel... Is it yours?

Back