diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone bought from MPP Solar Taiwan seller on ebay?

Venezuela Solar

I plan to buy a several units of MPP solar inverters, i have always bought from Ian on ebay, but for the quantity of units i plan to buy it might be better to buy directly from the Taiwan seller, but somewhere says that if you buy from them you have to pay a 25% imports duty, can anyone confirm this?

I bought my MPP PIP-2424LV-MDS from MPP through eBay. I have had no issues with it. The problem is that there is a lot of copy cats out there and you can't tell them apart from the MPP company unit. When I bought mine, I didn't know any better, but I'm pretty sure its the real deal.

MPP recommends that you buy directly from them, although it might cost a little more as it is not a knock off (copy cat) unit.

Over the last couple of months, on my workbench, have been running my 2424LV through lots of different tests and playing around with the many options and setting. So for every test has passed. - I know that sounds stupid to do all that testing, but as a retired engineer, it is in my blood and nature. And through all this testing, I created a dynamic simulator in Excel. Now I can run the simulator for different scenarios and test it on the workbench. - I haven't bought my expensive Lithium batteries yet, so I have lots of time to play with it on my workbench.

I bought my MPP PIP-2424LV-MDS from MPP through eBay. I have had no issues with it. The problem is that there is a lot of copy cats out there and you can't tell them apart from the MPP company unit. When I bought mine, I didn't know any better, but I'm pretty sure its the real deal.

MPP recommends that you buy directly from them, although it might cost a little more as it is not a knock off (copy cat) unit.

Over the last couple of months, on my workbench, have been running my 2424LV through lots of different tests and playing around with the many options and setting. So for every test has passed. - I know that sounds stupid to do all that testing, but as a retired engineer, it is in my blood and nature. And through all this testing, I created a dynamic simulator in Excel. Now I can run the simulator for different scenarios and test it on the workbench. - I haven't bought my expensive Lithium batteries yet, so I have lots of time to play with it on my workbench.
Did you bought it from their website? Or through MPPsolar user on Ebay?

Bought it through eBay. I didn't know at the time that you could buy it from the company directly. I had a question and sent the company a support ticket. That's when they told me about the copy cats. I just assumed the MPP company was selling their unit through eBay only. - didn't know better at the time.

Since I am having problems with my controller, I never asked the company via a support ticket if they do sell their products on eBay.

I don't recall if I bought my controller from their website and it was just shipped via eBay. I have the feeling that I got it from their website. As I had never bought anything before from eBay and never trusted it as afraid of getting ripped off.

I know I did not buy it from any individual person just selling it as it was brand new. - Also I got all the documentation and CD all packaged and never opened. So I feel good that I did buy it from MPP but shipped via eBay.

Last edited:
I bought my 5048-GK direct from mppsolar in Australia and had it shipped to New Zealand. Great service. I could have bought it direct from Taiwan but got offered a great deal on an "opened box" unit.

Are you sure the MPP you bought from Australia is not a cheap copy-cat of the MPP from Taiwan? It is very hard to tell them apart. I got mine from Taiwan off of eBay. I have no idea how you tell them apart. Note when I bought my controller/inverter, I had no idea that the are cheap MPP copy-cats on the market.

Considered it and then purchased from Watts247. In stock, shipped from Utah, didn't have to worry about long ship times or import taxes. If time wasn't any issue, I might have given it shot through eBay though.

Yes, I bought 1 of my units direct from taiwan from MPP solar on ebay. However i would rather pay the extra 50$ for the other MPP Solar USA seller instead, they have better service.

From the Taiwan seller ebay pay

1602735549503.png

From their support web site

1602735499719.png

Back