diy solar

diy solar

Reliable seller of Renogy Bifacial solar panels?

tenacious

I've tried twice now to order these Renogy solar panels from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC22ZM1X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details but the shipping companies keep shattering the panels during shipment. I'm pretty sure they use a fork lift on the shipping box and the forks are cracking the bottom panel. The upper panel is always good.

Since I only want two panels at this time (two panels in one box), I'm finding it difficult to find a reputable seller for these 2-pack of bifacial panels from Renogy. I won't buy from Renogy directly as their marketplace and support is terrible (from past experiences). I know if I buy many solar panels at once they will probably come on a pallet and increase the likelihood of arriving undamaged, but I don't want to purchase that many panels at this time due to budgetary constraints.

Does anyone know who else sells these high-output Renogy bifacial solar panels, and has good shipping experience?

IMHO, I'd keep ordering from Amazon. In a moment of insanity, I ordered a renogy kit a few years back that included 2X 100W panels, and all components arrived unmolested.

Those panels are nearly the size of a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood and weigh almost 70 pounds each. Putting 2 in a box and expecting them to arrive in one piece is insanity.

They need to be packaged individually and shipped on edge like window glass, not flat on a pallet. Renogy is gonna go broke trying to ship these 2 at a time.

I've tried twice now to order these Renogy solar panels from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC22ZM1X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details but the shipping companies keep shattering the panels during shipment. I'm pretty sure they use a fork lift on the shipping box and the forks are cracking the bottom panel. The upper panel is always good.

Since I only want two panels at this time (two panels in one box), I'm finding it difficult to find a reputable seller for these 2-pack of bifacial panels from Renogy. I won't buy from Renogy directly as their marketplace and support is terrible (from past experiences). I know if I buy many solar panels at once they will probably come on a pallet and increase the likelihood of arriving undamaged, but I don't want to purchase that many panels at this time due to budgetary constraints.

Does anyone know who else sells these high-output Renogy bifacial solar panels, and has good shipping experience?
Home depot treated mine( 1 set of 2 panels in the box) well. Took about a week to get to my selected store, then i picked them up for the short trip home as last leg insurance. Nice panels, huge indeed, cords are too short though- literally six inches. At the time in mid-december, they were about the same cost as amazon, and cheaper than renogy themselves in cost and shipping. I didnt trust amazon with these and I even wouldve paid more for HD if the price was close enough, mostly for the easy return policy if needed.

Ordered mine off of amazon and took the risk. They were packed very well and arrived flawless. FedEX delivered them and the guy was even nice and rolled them to my garage door. :)

Ordered my first set of 6x 550w (non bi-facial) from Amazon and those arrived without incident, crated and shipper off loaded the stack on the curb. There were a few minor holes in the cardboard boxes, but no cracks, no smashed corners. So that's a win.

Second set of 6x 550w I ordered directly from Renogy and paid a bit more for insurance etc, but had the same experience, no damage to any panels. At the time there was a sale on and I saved a few bucks.

They're not so much heavy as unwieldy, 90x45in and 63lbs... definitely bring a helper.

Last edited:
amazon has a great return policy stick with it. signature solar and san tan have good panels at good price but the packaging and return for damage is complicated to say the least

Back