diy solar

diy solar

Heat Detectors for an ESS Installation in a Detached Garage

Mr onetwo

Good morning all,
I am putting the finishing touches on my emergency backup battery install in my garage (6000XP w/ PowerPro). I have found some 194 degree fixed temp dual circuit sensors by System Sensor(Honeywell) that I think will work well.They are models 5604 and 5624. I am thinking about putting 1 directly over the battery and maybe i in the peak of the roof in line with the battery if necessary. I can tie them together with 1 set of contacts controlling the rapid shut down on the battery and 1 set controlling an external bell or perhaps going to a relay tied into the smokes in the house.Kidde has a relay (SM120X)for that I think.Is this going to be code worthy or do I need to approach this in a different manner.The sensors and relay are not expensive, but I want to do this correctly.

Attachments

• 5600.JPG
    5600.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 5600 wiring.JPG
    5600 wiring.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 7
  • kidde relay.JPG
    kidde relay.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Rapid Shutdown.jpg
    Rapid Shutdown.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 7
Definitely connect the auxiliary relay to your house smoke detectors. It's an NFPA 855 requirement.

Only for attached garages I believe. If I am incorrect please cite the article in 855, because I can't find it. Judging by the lack of responses, this is not something many people here have considered.

Only for attached garages I believe. If I am incorrect please cite the article in 855, because I can't find it. Judging by the lack of responses, this is not something many people here have considered.
Yes, attached garages.

Back