diy solar

diy solar

Hello. New to the forum. So excited.

welcome.. and let me ask you do you have a kill a watt meter.. should be your first buy . so you can test everything and see what you do need. and how much money you want to spend. you can do all in one or build the whole thing a piece at a time.. oh by the way . good luck

Attachments

• 45228.jpg
    45228.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
welcome.. and let me ask you do you have a kill a watt meter.. should be your first buy . so you can test everything and see what you do need. and how much money you want to spend. you can do all in one or build the whole thing a piece at a time.. oh by the way . good luck
Thanks. No, I don't have one of those. Isn't that a tool which functions similar to a multimeter? I'd been browsing multimeters on Amazon and became quite overwhelmed by the different models and feature sets. Is the KillaWatt sufficient for all my solar measurement needs?

Thanks. No, I don't have one of those. Isn't that a tool which functions similar to a multimeter? I'd been browsing multimeters on Amazon and became quite overwhelmed by the different models and feature sets. Is the KillaWatt sufficient for all my solar measurement needs?
no not at all. it is a start on your needs . you plug your coffee pot into it and it tells you how many watts it was or amps. do your fridge and run it for a day and see the total amount of power you used in k watts. its handy. and yes buy a multi meter. start with a autorange one. buy this one and you will get your use out of it .. its a good brand and cheap . 1639363071744.png

no not at all. it is a start on your needs . you plug your coffee pot into it and it tells you how many watts it was or amps. do your fridge and run it for a day and see the total amount of power you used in k watts. its handy. and yes buy a multi meter. start with a autorange one. buy this one and you will get your use out of it .. its a good brand and cheap . View attachment 75525
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely check it out along with the KillaWatt.

Back