diy solar

diy solar

Help and take a look at my solar diagram for my Apocalypse camper build!

Newob7

Hello!
So I am new to solar, this is my first build which is going in a camper. DISCLAIMER this is not your standard camper build!!! I know there are a lot of easier ways to do this, but I want the flexibility to feed a well pump or my house in the case of the coming apocalypse. So take a look. The main question I have is, what kind of breakers do I need for each of the little white boxes between the components? what gauge wire do I need? what do I need with the solar panels? can I run them all in series? also, is the optional 48-volt charger needed? perhaps I'm thinking this through wrong. I already have the solar panels, LVX 6048, mini split, and transformer, only lack the batteries which I will get soon.

solar diagram for camper.jpg

Right off the bat. I would rethink the battery choice.
We don't recommend putting BMS controlled batteries in series. (Unless you want the additional maintenance of re balancing them every few months) You should use 48v batteries for a 48v system.

Right off the bat. I would rethink the battery choice.
We don't recommend putting BMS controlled batteries in series. (Unless you want the additional maintenance of re balancing them every few months) You should use 48v batteries for a 48v system.
Okay good to know. Is there a need to put a fuse anywhere with the battery bank? Breaker?

also, is the optional 48-volt charger needed?
Does your AIO provide battery charging from AC?

If so, no.

If the AIO does not charge the battery, Not Needed if you can get by without power.
—————
For the fuse size questions, in the resource section of the forum, there is a write up.
——————
-Where in your camper do you plan on putting the battery?

Also at about 180 watts per meter square for a solar panel, where will put them?

-I’m assuming ground mounted. 350 watt amp panels are pretty hard to fit on a roof of a camper and keep free of obstructions and shading

Also the shore power input is the wrong device.
It needs to be an inlet (male) receptacle. Not an output (female) receptacle.
And what is the purpose of the 5kva transformer?
You show 120v/240v split-phase feeding it. So, you already have 120v available.

Back