diy solar

diy solar

Help me Setup my Deye 12kw hybrid inverter with Gokwh 48v 100ah battery please

jculina2012

Hey guys i have deye 12kw 3 phase hybrid inverter 48v battery model . i have gokwh 48v 100ah battery , this is battery link from aliexpress it says that it supports deye : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...param-url=scene:search|query_from:#nav-review

i have both lan cable that came with battery for communication and i have custom made rs 485 cable with pin 1 and 2 on battery and pin 7 and 8 on inverter. this battery allows to select inverter settings through battery main screen here is video i posted on youtube :

i dont know do i need to plug lan cable and use can port on battery or to plug rs 485 cable with pins 1 and 2 on battery and 7 and 8 on inverter.

which cable to use rs485 or lan cable, where on battery to plug this cable ? and which lithium mode to select in inverter settings ? i find this battery setup hardest from everything i did so far, insalling ground mount , panels and electrical installation and something that should be straitgh foward with battery i cannot establish communication. this gokwh 48v 100ah battery offers on its screen to select some protocols : there is deye rs 485 on the list there is deye can on the list , there is pylon tech also on the list. then confusing thing is when i contacted seller that sold me this battery he is telling me to select pylon can on battery screen as protocol. so i dont know what to do and what to select, can somebody help ?

At least my cheapo LFP batts didn't work with my Deye12K until I updated new software to them (which I got from the manufacturer/seller). They were supposed to work with Deye according to manual, but still needed different software to do so for some reason.

I guess you tried all, even undocumented modes with no luck?
In a similar situation with Teže parallel batteries using Pylon protocol with RS485 did not work and at I have asked Deye support to upgrade the inverter. After that CAN protocol (mode 00) started to work. I would say luckily. If you take a look at the table most batteries are using CAN nowadays. So, you will need to cry to the seller to upgrade BMS if it does not work or ask for a refund. From my experience from many AliExpress sellers is, that they don't have engineering for the BMS they integrate. For example, they were showing me video from which evidently battery status was wrong, while they claimed it works. For parallel wiring they said that have not tested it.

Back