diy solar

diy solar

Help Setting up battery monitor

skiller1nc

I just got a power queen 500a battery monitor.

My setup is a li time 100ah 12v lifepo4 battery, victron 100-20 mppt, 100 watt solar panel and 500w inverter. Everything is wired up and working like if should, however I'm having issues setting the battery monitor up. To get the monitor to show the remaining AH it says to fully discharge the battery, let it sit 30 minutes then hit a combo of buttons to set the current capacity to zero capacity. 2 questions, is this normal for setting a battery monitor up? And how do i discharge the battery fully in a quick way. My inverter is cutting off, i think bc battery voltage is at 11.5 and that's too low for it. I don't really have any DC things to draw much power, I have a 1 amp light strip on right now but that's all, it'll take forever to drain.

2 questions, is this normal for setting a battery monitor up?

1) only for the cheap crappy ones.

And how do i discharge the battery fully in a quick way. My inverter is cutting off, i think bc battery voltage is at 11.5 and that's too low for it. I don't really have any DC things to draw much power, I have a 1 amp light strip on right now but that's all, it'll take forever to drain.

11.5V is close enough to empty - probably about 5%.

Battery monitors vary in their setup.
The battery monitor needs to establish a complete full charge and a complete empty charge (full tank and empty tank) in order to calculate an accurate SOC based on current use (in and out), not battery voltage

Back