diy solar

diy solar

Help w/ new battery and controller/panel setup

Gphoto125

I tried posting earlier and it disappeared… I have a renogy controller and panels which gave me a b01 battery code. Renogy said my agm battery was too weak (4.5 yrs old). I bought a lifepo4 Li Time 100ah battery, I thought after connecting to controller and panels that it would charge to full capacity. ( it is supposed to be 30-50% charged from factory) Still gave me b01 code. Renogy customer serv. told me I need to charge the battery to full capacity Before connecting to controller and panels which is the reason I’m getting the b01 code. Does this sound correct to those who have more experience than me…? I’m new to this. I’m using the system for my camper just to power some led lights and water pump.

B01 code is battery low voltage. Disconnect loads and hook up the battery to the controller, see if the controller can be turned on. Test the battery volts with a multimeter. Wire up your solar panel and see if the battery is charging if its volt is normal. I tend to believe the controller is faulty.

Back