diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 40A MPPT CONTROLLER flashing light.

Paulwest55

Hi I am completely new to solar and electrics in general, just watched lots of YouTube, however my system is up and running but when the batteries became nearly full about 98% the solar light on the Renogy began to flash, it stopped when I began to use some energy but when I stopped using energy it began to flash again when the batteries were again nearly full, is this normal, or do I have an issue? I have no error code? I’d appreciate any help you can give as I don’t know if I should turn off the solar panels at the main cut off switch to prevent any more power going to the batteries?
My system is as follows:
Renogy 40A 12/24V MPPT Solar Charge Controller Bluetooth Solar Charge Controller, which has 2x 200 watt flexible solar panels going into it, then from the renogy into 2x SuperBatt AGM1100 12V 120AH VRLA AGM Ultra Deep Cycle Battery
Thanks for any help 👍

The manual says slow flash is boost stage, white single flash is float stage, and fast flashing is equalization stage, I think it’s the middle one float stage, but not sure what that means and if it’s normal and will stop when batteries are 100% full? It could be the last one though (equalization)

Back