diy solar

diy solar

Help with planned system for nube

recon6975

I am in the process of gathering pieces to build my own DIY solar system for my travel trailer. I currently have a Renogy Rover 40A MPPT charge controller, Renogy 200Ah lithium battery, Renogy 2000 watt pure sine inverter, and a Progressive Dynamics 30 amp Automatic Transfer Switch. I am looking at the BougeRV CIGS 200w solar panel. My hope is to install this system so when plugged into shore power an AC charger maintains the battery (specifically when RV is stored and covered.) Then when boondocking, the solar panel(s) will maintain the battery. I have some electrical know how but it is limited, especially with solar.

I am hoping you can take a quick glance at the primitive schematics I made and offer any advice for a smooth set up for my needs. Also if additional fuses or breakers should be added. I am trying to prevent any waste or back feeding of power to any components but not sure if I planned this out correctly. My RV has the AC charger it came with but I have not checked to see if it will charge lithium batteries.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can provide!

Attachments

• RV POWER SCHEMATIC.png
    RV POWER SCHEMATIC.png
    44 KB · Views: 5
  • TRANSFER SWITCH WIRING.png
    TRANSFER SWITCH WIRING.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm certainly not an expert but it looks okay to me. My camper's system is similar, just four 190-watt panels on the roof and I have an inverter-charger with a built-in automatic transfer switch.

Back