diy solar

diy solar

Help with MPPT settings

Mattfox27

I have a 1200w solar system and I just upgraded the batteries to 8x 3.2v lifepo4 batte, they said 280ah not sure if that's per cell or for 4. They are the blue ones from Aliexpress.

I have an epever 40a MPPT controller.

The system wired for 24v and I can't figure out how to set the proper settings in the user profile for the MPPT controller.

I can only find scattered info. Attached are the available settings

Attachments

• 20220308_190029.jpg
    20220308_190029.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 33
Select the lithium profile instead of user. Or if you wanted ‘user’ on purpose you click on each pararameter and enter the value you desire in each field. Then you click ‘update’ and it saves that data

Select the lithium profile instead of user. Or if you wanted ‘user’ on purpose you click on each pararameter and enter the value you desire in each field. Then you click ‘update’ and it saves that data
There is no lithium profile...just gel, sealed and flood

Awesome... thank you so much
Welcome to the party Mattfox.

Keep us posted on your progress.
What model is your new Epever?
Does it automatically recognize your battery voltage?
I've seen this note in many Epever controllers: When a lithium battery is used, the system voltage can't be identified automatically.

Welcome to the party Mattfox.

Keep us posted on your progress.
What model is your new Epever?
Does it automatically recognize your battery voltage?
I've seen this note in many Epever controllers: When a lithium battery is used, the system voltage can't be identified automatically.
This is the model attached...yes it recognizes the voltage it just does not have a lithium option. I also have a Daly BMS hooked up to batteries, so I'm not sure if the BMS actually will manage the charging voltage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220308-204316_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-204316_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 5
This is the model attached...yes it recognizes the voltage it just does not have a lithium option. I also have a Daly BMS hooked up to batteries, so I'm not sure if the BMS actually will manage the charging voltage.
I think you have an Epever Tracer 3210AN. Can you confirm that somehow?

I barely know what a BMS is. I'm a new guy and i'm busy trying to figure out how to reinvent the wheel.
I really do NOT think your BMS will manage the charging voltage. Trust me until you learn otherwise, please.

Flipping the power switch without doing more research could be expensive.

Sunshine EGO is smart and helpful if you can handle him.

I think you have an Epever Tracer 3210AN. Can you confirm that somehow?

I barely know what a BMS is. I'm a new guy and i'm busy trying to figure out how to reinvent the wheel.
I really do NOT think your BMS will manage the charging voltage. Trust me until you learn otherwise, please.

Flipping the power switch without doing more research could be expensive.
This is it

Attachments

• 20220308_205505.jpg
    20220308_205505.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220308-205713_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-205713_Gallery.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 7
I have a 1200w solar system and I just upgraded the batteries to 8x 3.2v lifepo4 batte, they said 280ah not sure if that's per cell or for 4. They are the blue ones from Aliexpress.

I have an epever 40a MPPT controller.

The system wired for 24v and I can't figure out how to set the proper settings in the user profile for the MPPT controller.

I can only find scattered info. Attached are the available settings

At 280ah that will be for each pack of 4 cells.

I have the Triron and like the Tracer it can be set up for Lithium. Buy yourself the Bluetooth module and download the EPEver app for your phone.

I will keep eye out and help u through it but I’m in Australia so there will be delay to answer any of your questions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-185242_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-185242_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
There is no lithium profile...just gel, sealed and flood
I thought all the new ones included a lithium profile but I guess I was wrong. Or it’s in a parameter drop down menu maybe?

Looks like the eggo got you in order!

I thought all the new ones included a lithium profile but I guess I was wrong. Or it’s in a parameter drop down menu maybe?

Looks like the eggo got you in order!

You are correct as they do have the ability to have a lithium profile as per Pages 24 and 25 of the manual. Nice bright yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside of it. That is why i said to buy the Bluetooth module the the OP can then set it to lithium.

No, that's for the BP.
For a Tracer AN you want ver 1.95, the first item in the second column on the EPEVER software download page.
Most Tracer AN's identify as a 'TriRon'.

Last edited:
So I used the settings in the photo above and in full sun I got an error on my inverter like it's being over volted...see photo

Attachments

• IMG_20220309_160338.jpg
    IMG_20220309_160338.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 7
So I used the settings in the photo above and in full sun I got an error on my inverter like it's being over volted...see photo
That looks like your inverter is reading directly off your panels, which it shouldn’t do, or your battery set up is wrong But with just two sets of 4 cells it shouldn’t be.

Disconnect everything and work through the process of connecting it all back up in stages.

Start by disconnecting everything and measuring your voltage at the battery terminals. If it is ok then connect your inverter and see if it works.

Then connect your solar controller to the batteries.

Lastly check the voltage from the solar panels and if all good then connect them up. Your panels always have to be connected after connecting the solar controller to the batteries.

You didnt say you had an RJ45 connection to a computer so that is why I suggested the BT module as it is very simple to use.

Last edited:
Your panels always have to be connected after connecting the solar controller.
I don't know, so i'm gonna ask.

Should that sentence be worded like the following sentence?
Your panels always have to be connected after connecting the solar controller to the battery.

EDIT: If I do another faceplant, I will never return to this thread.

I don't know, so i'm gonna ask.

Should that sentence be worded like the following sentence?
Your panels always have to be connected after connecting the solar controller to the battery.

EDIT: If I do another faceplant, I will never return to this thread.

You are 100% correct lol. You and i knew what I meant but we have to express it in every little detail for those that don‘t.

Last edited:
That looks like your inverter is reading directly off your panels, which it shouldn’t do, or your battery set up is wrong But with just two sets of 4 cells it shouldn’t be.

Disconnect everything and work through the process of connecting it all back up in stages.

Start by disconnecting everything and measuring your voltage at the battery terminals. If it is ok then connect your inverter and see if it works.

Then connect your solar controller to the batteries.

Lastly check the voltage from the solar panels and if all good then connect them up. Your panels always have to be connected after connecting the solar controller to the batteries.

You didnt say you had an RJ45 connection to a computer so that is why I suggested the BT module as it is very simple to use.
I think I just set a setting wrong in the user profile, yes I have the RJ45 and using my laptop for settings.

diy solar

diy solar
Back