diy solar

Help with mysterious spikes in data logging

Ashipa

Hello.
My setup is a 24 Volts power
  • Sorotec Inverter VMII 3,500 W
  • Solar Panels 2120W
  • LifePo4 battery 135 ah
I have a Raspberry Pi 3B hooked up to it running some monitoring scripts and emoncms locally.

PROBLEM:
Monitoring related.

I was using ICM (inverter Control Management) for monitoring and i was seeing what looked like phantom data in the graphs
I assumed it was an issue with ICM, and shifted to using some python scripts with MQTT and emoncms for logging

I have noticed the same issue, which basically is this mysterious spikes and dips in the logged data

Basically at random intervals the PV input data would dip to zero, the Inverter output would spike to 3000W for a few seconds. This also happens when there's no PV anyway, even in the middle of the night

this happens even when there is no load no appliances on. It certainly does not relate to any inductive loads (which i have just 1 freezer and clothes Iron) i have made sure those are unplugged to be sure, and the pattern remains

Usually i have just 300 Watts of load running

I am no longer sure this has anything to do with software, and I'm concerned perhaps I'm missing something which makes it dangerous.

even if it were software, i would appreciate help with it. its worrying
Screenshot from 2023-09-17 16-50-04.png
Screenshot from 2023-09-17 16-48-26.pngScreenshot from 2023-09-17 16-52-48.pngScreenshot 2023-09-18 082751.png

Last edited:
Back