diy solar

diy solar

Here's a 48V FLA SoC chart

JBertok

Network Engineer
There is nothing I hate more than my Flooded Lead-Acid batteries, but I am committed to keeping the promise I made to myself that they would not be replaced until something Lithium Iron Phosphate or Sodium Ion becomes available with USA-manufactured cells. So, they remain in-place for now.

Here's an SoC chart for a 48V-nominal FLA battery bank I made for myself that I thought perhaps I could share for anyone else still in FLA or VRLA misery too!

Attachments

• 48V Lead-Acid SoC.pdf
    393.4 KB · Views: 15
There is nothing I hate more than my Flooded Lead-Acid batteries, but I am committed to keeping the promise I made to myself that they would not be replaced until something Lithium Iron Phosphate or Sodium Ion becomes available with USA-manufactured cells. So, they remain in-place for now.

What's your price threshold?

Unfortunately, I suspect your FLA will wear out before that day and definitely before the day it's remotely competitively priced...

They're struggling already with resistance, 4 years old. Each day I let them run down about 20%, the next 30% I keep around for power outage. It's eight 440Ah L16s - comedically undersized for a pair of XW Pros.

It would take 80kWhr of usable storage to fully utilize the system I have now. Any more would be luxury, fortunately weight and space for them isn't an issue. I'd pay a 25% premium for non-Chinese products. I am really anxious to see if Sodium Ion delivers on promises. Imagine getting 3 to 4 times more storage for the same money as LiPO4. The voltage curve on Na isn't as ideal as LiPO4 but if some of this pricing speculation becomes a reality it will be worth it to just buy twice as much as you need and run them down to a lesser SoC.

Batteries.jpg

Back