diy solar

diy solar

Home Depot for Renogy

alfsauve

I know others have mentioned solar equipment and tools they've bought through Home Depot, but I though a heads up might be in order.

HD resells select Renogy products (among other solar providers). Their price probably averages around the same. Be careful though to compare model numbers to make sure you're not getting an older version. Here's the advantages.

Free Shipping to store: This is important because you can inspect the products BEFORE you take possession of them. This make returns so easy. No getting a return label and taking it to a shipper. Even easier than most Amazon returns. Just refuse the product right at the service desk. And probably order the replacement on the spot. I especially was worried about the solar panels.

Veteran Discount: HD offers Vets 10% on most items. So yes the panels were 4% higher than ordering from Renogy, but with the 10% discount they're now cheaper.

Disadvantages are that HD isn't exactly the swiftest in order fulfillment. Price compare of course, but I ordered most of my Renogy system through HD and saved a little.

I know others have mentioned solar equipment and tools they've bought through Home Depot, but I though a heads up might be in order.

HD resells select Renogy products (among other solar providers). Their price probably averages around the same. Be careful though to compare model numbers to make sure you're not getting an older version. Here's the advantages.

Free Shipping to store: This is important because you can inspect the products BEFORE you take possession of them. This make returns so easy. No getting a return label and taking it to a shipper. Even easier than most Amazon returns. Just refuse the product right at the service desk. And probably order the replacement on the spot. I especially was worried about the solar panels.
Also, one can take the product home to inspect, and return the product later on if need be.
Veteran Discount: HD offers Vets 10% on most items. So yes the panels were 4% higher than ordering from Renogy, but with the 10% discount they're now cheaper.

Disadvantages are that HD isn't exactly the swiftest in order fulfillment. Price compare of course, but I ordered most of my Renogy system through HD and saved a little.
I never have experienced slow order fulfillment with h.d.

Not true. I bought (2 x 320W) Renogy s panels cheaper than Renogy was selling about 6 months ago. Two months ago, I bought 4x320W from Renogy and had to pick them up from their warehouse in California. It was cheaper than I first bought as shipping was not included.

With the on set of Covid, HD struggled with order fulfillment. They’re no Amazon or Chewy fulfilling on line orders that have to come area/regional warehouses. I tracked an order from their area warehouse only 50 miles from my local store. It stopped at every store between here and there taking 4 days to get to my store.

YMMV in your area. They’ve gotten much better as they gained experience and ironed out the kinks.

I ordered my Renogy charge controller and panel from HD. Although I didn't have a problem with the order process, I did have a problem with delivery. Components are shipped directly from Renogy and at least in our area, it comes via FedEx which is where the nightmare happens. They lost the delivery with the panel and charge controller. It took a week to find the controller and longer for the panel. HD didn't seem to care that the delivery had been lost and every time I called, I got a different story about how long I had to wait. After 2 weeks, they still stalled in getting a replacement for the lost component. Finally 3 weeks later FedEx comes up with the panel and HD acted like this was routine.

I have since ordered 2 more panels (one from Lowes and one directly from Renogy) They both had delivery issues but both Lowes and Renogy were willing to talk to me and worked to get cases open with FedEx. My point is, Customer service after the money was collected is where I tend to focus now.

Last edited:
I have had really good success with Renogy through HD. I like some of your points and will keep them in mind.

Well FedEx strikes again. Took 2+ weeks to get the panels to my HD store and the containers looked like they had been dragged behind the truck from CA. I didn’t even bother to open them up. Did a ”return” on the spot and have ordered 2 more.

Now I have this nice 2,400Wh Solar Battery Backup system and my wife, going full Jurassic Park says, “So will there actually be solar panels with your solar system?”

Remarkably My panels shipped from California to my local Pa Home Depot. took a little while, visited 6 different terminals in 6 different states but thankfully arrived in very good condition.

With the sale price and Military discount I paid $81 per 100 watt panel. I did ship to store so I could do any needed return on the spot.

The first two, well the second order of the first two arrived intact. Miss Kitty likes the idea so much she said to order some more panels. Roof-wise and charger-wise I can only accommodate 4 panels. Ordered them through HD, and like Neo above with military discount it was $89ea with tax. One arrived shattered, but the beauty is did a refund and reorder right there on the spot. Now have second two panels, waiting for an installation opportunity.

Amazon sometimes has 100W panels for $49.99 with free prime shipping to your door.

I got 4 and am happy with them.

See here :

Back