diy solar

diy solar

Home Depot Nature Power 215W panel test

jimcalf

I just finished testing my four Nature Power 215W solar panels that I bought from Home Depot for $154 each. I'm in Akron, OH, so fairly far north, and it is Feb 1st, so I wasn't expecting much. Using a Victron SmartSolar 100/50 controller with the panels in a 2S2P config, I got up to 688 watts out of the "ideal" 860W. I'm pretty happy with that given the time of year. I hope to do a good bit better in the summer when I'm actually camping. I did have to cut off the SAE connectors and put on MC4. Wire is only 14 gauge, but I was able to put on the MC4 connectors with my crimper really well and it all worked fine.
688W 2-1-22.PNG

I got a pair of those when they were on sale as well. Very happy with them. (y)
Also installed 10awg connect wires with MC4's. Still a veritable bargain.

You have to wait and watch for them to go on sale. It was a one-day deal and order for delivery - included. But I've seen them a couple more times after that. I got mine last November.
I had been waiting and watching on the various online sites for good deals on larger format PV's. That one just popped up one day, and WHOA, jumped on that.
I like the black frames, they come from Vietnam. The only downside are the connect leads - pretty hokey with 14g and sae plugs, but easy to remedy.

They're 59x26 inches.

I just finished testing my four Nature Power 215W solar panels that I bought from Home Depot for $154 each. I'm in Akron, OH, so fairly far north, and it is Feb 1st, so I wasn't expecting much. Using a Victron SmartSolar 100/50 controller with the panels in a 2S2P config, I got up to 688 watts out of the "ideal" 860W. I'm pretty happy with that given the time of year. I hope to do a good bit better in the summer when I'm actually camping. I did have to cut off the SAE connectors and put on MC4. Wire is only 14 gauge, but I was able to put on the MC4 connectors with my crimper really well and it all worked fine.
View attachment 82163
how did you find that deal?

Back