diy solar

diy solar

Houston solar panel local warehouse pickup

vsman

Want to expand my system by adding a string of 5-6 panels to my sol-ark-15k.
Unless my googling skills have failed me- I just cannot find a Houston based vendor with local warehouse pickup. Any suggestions.

Online purchase for such a small amount- the shipping costs negate any benefits.

You need to look for where the local installers get their supplies, but be prepared for typically, warehouse would be for qualified ( licensed ) trades, not a law but the wholesale vendors don't want to deal ( or liability ) with the public.

thank you. contacted them. Went by today and picked up 6 Boviet 370W bifacial panels.
I am near Houston...looking also for 6x, bifacial, but want 400w. Did you also, but decided the 370w was close enough?

Was the Craigslist person you found in Pearland?

Thanks!

Yes- the person out of Pearland. Went with the 370w- the size ( primarily length) was more suited for the space I was working with.

Yes- the person out of Pearland. Went with the 370w- the size ( primarily length) was more suited for the space I was working with.
Thanks!! And sorry...just reread the thread and saw Pearland multiple times. SMH. Dude has all kinds of neat things. I just bought a 100ah battery for 3x as much on Amazon!! I also just bought a Midea inverter AC which he also has for less! I don't like going to Houston, but will make it a day!

Last edited:
Local panels?
GEXPRO.com
A Houston electrical supply house. They often have open pallets of solar panels. They will & do sell them a few at a time over the counter, if you know to ask. They definitely don't advertise this. They will not order them in less than a pallet and will not break open a pallet for you. Check their web site by branch location for what is in stock at each branch. Their market is selling to contractors for residential and commercial projects. They do not support the DIY market. But for local solar panel purchase it is worth checking their web site. They do have open pallets available now. I bought my 2/0 battery / welding cable there, cheaper than Amazon. The company I work for buys tons of materials from them. Nothing to do with solar though.

Also you can try this place in Tomball.
Jason Rose, sales at
AMERESCO Solar
281-378-2310
amerescosolar.com

I have no connection to either of these places.

Oh the Pearland guy on Craig's list is good too. I live in Pearland and have talked with him before.

Back