diy solar

diy solar

How can I extend the life of my old lead acid battery bank?

Given the critical nature of your energy use, seems like getting complete batteries with a warranty surpasses going the battery building method. Unless you look at it as a learning experience and a fun challenge. Being able to repair your future batteries I think we can agree is a good thing, though. Keep us informed!
Yes you are correct. Complete batteries with warranty is the sane way to go, especially in an exposed situation like mine. Its a gamble to DIY. I guess I can't defend it rationally, except to say that I like challenges and that I'm good with electronics. I get higher capacity (560 Ah vs 400 Ah), natively 24V packs (not 2 x 12V), and built in heaters (not that I need them). For less money ($1862 vs $2140). But I have to wait 2 months on the shipping instead of 2 weeks. And I have no idea if the parts work or not when they arrive, just have to trust the advice of people here on the forum that the seller is honest. Its not a straight apples to apples comparison, because peace of mind also have a price.

That's not a significant difference in my mind , 15% ?

Do you have to pay any import duty / tax when importing from China
I agree, 15% is not worth to hassle over. I'm not completely won over to the DIY side just yet, although I'm strongly leaning towards it. But overall I get 40% more capacity for 15% less price, plus natively 24V, so the bank will have an easier time staying balanced. If I use 2 x 12V, those might drift apart in voltage over time. There is also a native 24V option from LiTime, but for an additional $850, a bit too steep.

Luyuan is the seller, and they use DDP shipping, which means that they take all the costs with tax and import duties at the border.

Back