diy solar

diy solar

How do consumption tariffs work in Fronius SolarWeb

Bahahah77

I user fronius inverter and solar web. I can enter production tariffs and consumption tariffs. When I am off the grid i can see how much money i am making. However, when I am consuming I can not see the cost of the energy i am buying. There is a place to enter the tariff, but i dont see anywhere the calculation of the consumption cost is

Do you have a Fronius consumption (smart) meter? Without that the system only knows how much energy is generated.

The consumption meter is required to monitor imports from and exports to the grid, which in turn can be coupled with the tariff inputs in Solar.web to generate the value for imports replaced and for export credits.

If you do have the meter, then in Solar.web go to the Energy Balance tab and select either Month, Year or Total (at the bottom right) and it will show tabs for Return on Investment and Expense.

You may need a Premium account to access such features. Ours came with 20 years of premium access when we installed it in 2018 but nowadays it's an extra.

Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 9.52.40 am.png

Back