diy solar

diy solar

How do I know what my Inverter is doing.

gamerscircle

I know, that is a little open ended. I have seen inverters that have small lcd screens that display volts and load information. Today, I did just a bare bone setup with my a solar panel, my battery, my solar controller and inverter and it all worked! This was just to make sure that it all worked and that I don't have to send anything back for replacements. I have a Victron Energy BlueSolar MPPT 100V 50 amp solar controller, a Renogy 3000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter, a Weize 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery. Using the Victron Energy VE.Direct Smart Dongle , I was able to see the solar information and some battery information, but I wasn't able to monitor what my inverter was doing when I had a couple of things plugged into it. Any recommendations on what I can use to display how many watts/amps it is suppling?

thanks in advance.

Lot of choices if you just search Amazon for AC volt and load meters.

Okay, thank you - I see that Renogy has some monitors, I suppose it depends how fancy you want?

I can't speak for Renogy or other monitors, but if you have some Victron already, I know I really like my BMV-712 battery monitor, it is said that Victron makes one of the best UI management apps, VictronConnect (which had been one reason I went with Victron)...

Plus the supported ability to network sync certain Victron SCCs to run in parallel (if you add the BMV and SCCs into a network group in VictronConnect)...

It works via the native built-in bluetooth on my SmartSolar SCCs, and I think also will work with the BlueSolar SCCs too if you use VE.Direct cables or buy the external bluetooth adapters...

Example:

Last edited:
Get the Victron smart shunt or Victron BMV 712. Either of these uniwill monitor the battery status

If you want to monitor the AC output of the inverter you would not select a DC shunt.

Okay - it is good to know that I can go outside of the name brand, since I am new, trying to find the correct thing to search for it usually a task. :) thank you all!

Back