diy solar

diy solar

How do I make multiple connections to storage batteries ?

Chadd

Making multiple connections to storage batteries.

I have two batteries at present in parallel, there is one charge converter connected to them and an invertor.

I have two more charge converters to connect and more batteries to parallel up.

The batteries have the car battery type terminals.

As all the cables are heavy how is this normally managed.

I wondered if it would be ok to connect the three charge converters to a large block type connector, similar to the type used to split mains from the outside to different meters.

Then one set of leads to the battery, this would at least solve some of the problem.

The battery terminal connectors I have at present are standard car type ones, which do not lend themselves to lots of cables.

God Bless Chadd

If you are using batteries that only have car-type terminals, they are likely the wrong kind of batteries, BUT something like this will help:

Thank you for the link, I only found standard connectors because I used the wrong search terms. : )

I can see from the link that there are a lot more types available.

Also just watched a couple of videos on bus bars so both suggestions will help sort my problem : )

I acquired one of these today for free.
The lowest price on eBay is £6, if none turn up with my wanted add on Free Cycle : )
They were made for mains but are 100 amp, so should be fine for the charge converers.
They are 5 way.

Attachments

• CONNECTING BLOCK.jpg
    CONNECTING BLOCK.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
Back