diy solar

diy solar

How to tell if a circuit breaker is in the ON or OFF position?

The white label on the side of the breaker underneath 2P (two pole) connection, left shows + right shows -
Thanks. yeah I saw that, but it still is a bit confusing, because I don't know what the squiggly lines mean, and it depends on your perspective from which side of the unit you're looking at it which is left and which is right. They should engrave a positive and negative symbol on the actual unit.

Last edited:
Datasheet
https://www.feeo.com.cn/handler/download.ashx?url=/UploadFiles/201806130922015553.pdf

I believe there are no markings on the front of the breaker because it can be wired mutliple ways depending on your application

2P (two pole) DC breaker wiring (One pole = left side positive DC, One pole = right side negative DC)
Front Left side positive DC (terminals 1 & 2)
Front Right side negative DC (terminals 3 & 4)
Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and wire it like that, even though the distributor says the unit doesn't have polarity. Better safe than sorry.

In the US the UL requires that if a breaker can be mounted vertically, then up is connected, and down is disconnected.

So, with very rare exception, if it has English writing on the front, oriented correctly, then the breaker is on when up.

Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and wire it like that, even though the distributor says the unit doesn't have polarity. Better safe than sorry.
I agree that this model breaker doesn't have polarity on the poles that must be followed, as long as positive is used on one pole/side and negative is used on the other pole/side

Polarity is shown on the white sticker on the side of the unit as shown on the picture..

Attachments

• Discussion-Paper-Correct-Wiring-of-Double-Pole-DC-Breakers-LVL2-131210-v2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Polarity is shown on the white sticker on the side of the unit as shown on the picture..
The datasheet shows multiple 2P configuration options (polarity is up to the user / application)

The sticker on the side is a typical wiring schematic for solar use and suggested pole polarity

Back