diy solar

diy solar

Position of 125A beaker in battery cable

Chester Gal

I have the EG4 3K "all in one" and EG4 LiFePo4 48V 5K server rack battery. The inverter came with 6ft battery cables and a 125A breaker. The manual has a wiring diagram. It has the positive line from battery with 1 ft cable to the breaker then the remaining 5 ft to inverter. These measurements are specifically in the wiring diagram. I wanted to mount the breaker to the wall, so I need a much greater distance. Is there any rule where in the cable the breaker should go? I know this is a stupid question but the fact that the position is specifically stated in the wiring diagram threw me off.

Nothing
Is there any rule where in the cable the breaker should go?
Nothing I know of. Best practice is to locate overcurrent protection as close to the battery as possible. My breaker is in the inverter so I also put a Class T fuse on negative terminal of the pack.

The purpose of a circuit breaker (or fuse) in this case is to protect the downstream wire. A downstream short will trip the breaker and the wire won't be damaged. The wire between the breaker and battery has no protection.

Back