diy solar

diy solar

Battery to inverter wire size for two EG4 LL-S

Tripplett

I'm gathering supplies for my first system.
I have nine 545w bifacial panels already, I've ordered an EG4 6000XP, and two EG4 LL batteries.

Using 10 AWG PV wire. 10AWG ground wiring. 6 or 8AWG THHN for grid and load wiring with 30A breakers. Still need to order lug crimper, heat shrink w/ glue, hardie board, small load panel with ground bar, cable glands or conduit, rigid conduit for PV, some romex, straight Wagos for moving a few critical loads over to the second panel, and torque wrenches. I also want to set up a rapid shutdown by the meter and add in PV disconnects at the panels. Feel free to comment on any of this.

• My main question is about the battery wiring. The manual states 1 AWG for wiring but I'd like to get opinions on this. Another post from Aug about a 65000EX setup stated to use 2/0.

• If I'd like to add a 3rd LL battery later does that change things? The inverter is still the limiting factor here at 6kW. And I'm assuming whatever size is good from the battery to inverter is also fine to parallel the two batteries (but I've seen 2AWG min). Thanks.

Max draw for the 6000xp is 140a and max charge is 125a. I’m still waiting on my 6000xp, but will be using 5’ of 1/0 with a 150a fuse and 3 lifepower4’s.

Back