diy solar

diy solar

How to use the Lithium battery for Growatt 3000TL LVM-24p?

Hi,
I have a newbie question regarding the recommended settings from Will: I do not have a "DIY" battery, but rather I am using 2 x Ampere Time 24V-100AH batteries in series (they have integrated BMS) with the Growatt SPR 3000TL LVM-ES. Should I configure the Growatt according to settings recommended by Will for a DIY 48V battery?
Thanks!

Hi,
I have a newbie question regarding the recommended settings from Will: I do not have a "DIY" battery, but rather I am using 2 x Ampere Time 24V-100AH batteries in series (they have integrated BMS) with the Growatt SPR 3000TL LVM-ES. Should I configure the Growatt according to settings recommended by Will for a DIY 48V battery?
Thanks!
Did you ask the battery manufacturer if you can run in series? There are some manufacturers that recommend not to place batteries in series. If they indicate you can, then ask them what settings they would prefer for the charge controller and inverter.

The battery literature allows series for no more than 2 batteries, which is what I require.
I guess it then makes sense to ask them their preferred settings for the charge controller and inverter.

Great advise, figured this out after trial and error myself after having difficulty getting my new EG4-LL 24v 200ah batteries to communicate with my Splot phase Growatt 3000TL ES. One note I'd add in my issue, I had to connect the ethernet cable running from the inverter into the CAN port of the batteries and inverter. Communication between the inverter and batteries wouldn't work while plugged into the rj45 connection. I also had to set (#36) setting to L51.
I set the #36 just to L01 and then used the BMS port to the Battery Rj45 port and set the battery dip switches to on-on-on-off and it works. This is on the 48volt Growatt 3000TL ES

Hi all, just completing a solar (and fireplace/heaeter) install in camping trailer with Growatt 24v 3000 and 2-24v Hawks from bigbattery. While Hawks have their own build in BMS, it seems I can't connect the Growatt to monitor State of Charge. I need to monitor state of charge. May have to go with a third party shunt/monitor (any recommendations?) but it would be nice to connect to growatt. Growatt has a state-of-charge monitor on their wifi dashboard but it's always reading 100% at the moment. Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve????

FYI I just came across this!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.10.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.10.43 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.54.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.54.35 AM.png
    856.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello,.. I’m new to this forum,.. I have just purchased a growatt 3000tl lvm-48p unit and plan to use an older incell lithium battery with it, also 48v 100ah and I think it has a built in bms but not sure since I can’t find any info or manuals on this battery,.. I’m hoping someone on here can help me with the charge settings and I’m wondering if the built in bms will function on its own with the growatt unit when choosing USER battery type,... In hoping,.. because if not I want to make sure to hook it up SOMEHOW with a monitoring system because it’s not even lifepo it’s just plain lithium and I’ve read they can overheat and even explode,.. so I’m a bit worried,...
I use Polarium (formerly Incell) batteries. Did you end up using running them too?

So maybe I'm confused but contrary to what I'm reading in this thread signature solar seems to use the Li setting with a non growatt battery.

That and the manual says user 2 mode is specifically without BMS making it sound like user 1 is custom but still with BMS.

But in general idk how to know if BMS is talking or not. I did have my battery configured wrong to not be master and got a fault on growatt which went away once I fixed it. But I was in Li mode.

So still very confused as to what's what ATM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107-214841.png
    Screenshot_20240107-214841.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 1
So still very confused as to what's what ATM.
Sure it isn't AGM?

AGM charging is different than flooded lead acid (FLA). Most AGM are not recommended to have an EQ (equalization) charge as water can not be added.

Sure it isn't AGM?

AGM charging is different than flooded lead acid (FLA). Most AGM are not recommended to have an EQ (equalization) charge as water can not be added.
Contacted support and was told this, granted not a lot of confidence in what they were saying..

EG4 batteries should be compatible with Li mode, sounded like they were saying any battery that has the right Pins and Protocol should be. That matches sig solars video I posted above where they use Li mode.

User mode 1 and User mode 2 are both without BMS and 2 is for Lithium and 1 is for lead acid, documents do not make that clear though IMO.

Back