diy solar

diy solar

How to wire 192 cells? Multiple BMS's? How many cells or strings in parallel is too many in a 48v system?

Another decision I have to make.... What size amps BMS's should I go with? I dont see any reason to buy 100+amp bms's. I pulled my history and my max amps draw over the last 6 months has been about 58-60amps, and thats on the current 4s3p bank. So each string is only seeing a max of 20 amps each.

So with that said I am thinking of going with 60 amp JK BMS, BD6A20S8P for $60ea.

Are there any scenarios I might me overlooking or reasons why I need a bigger bms? If I end up with 10 BMS's thats already $600 in just BMS's...
I used 100 amp for 10 batteries but never ever close to pulling that much. Could have went with less but I always thought I might add a 3rd 12k one day.

On a 1p16s setup, the BMS is going to shutdown the pack immediately when a single cell exceeds parameters. My issue with the Xp16s setup is you are going to run a damaged pack longer making it more likely to damage other cells.
One of the reasons I went with 16 instead of multiples.

Back