diy solar

diy solar

Hoymiles HMS-2000-4T-NA [240]

There is shade on half of the panels. But that only happens for a couple months per year. The HMS-2000-4T-NA has 4 MPPTs. Each MPPT has one east panel and one west panel. So, in the above pic, 2 MPPTs are shaded and 2 are unshaded.
Again, the shading issue is only happening a couple month per year. All panels work 10 months per year.
Since panels are cheap, this setup makes perfect sense. I don't think there is a less expensive option.

Looks great. Thanks for being the 🧪 🐀 for paralleling into one of these

Unfortunately I think the Isc currently only works for paralleling two M8 panels / other older generation panels. Two M10 would be slightly over. Would be a pretty high overpaneling ratio though so I don’t know if anyone would want to do it except for winter production.

I bet the electrical specs and overpaneling ratio would also work for 100W-200W RV style panels in various configs (like 2s2p), for those people that are into using small panels

Looks great. Thanks for being the 🧪 🐀 for paralleling into one of these

Unfortunately I think the Isc currently only works for paralleling two M8 panels / other older generation panels. Two M10 would be slightly over. Would be a pretty high overpaneling ratio though so I don’t know if anyone would want to do it except for winter production.

I bet the electrical specs and overpaneling ratio would also work for 100W-200W RV style panels in various configs (like 2s2p), for those people that are into using small panels
I thought I calculated it correctly. And I think it should be good for all conditions.
The sun should never cause both panels to output 100% because they are pointed in different directions.
Here's the datasheet for the HMS-2000-4T
And this is the data sheet for my solar panels RNG-320D

Slightly over but should be fine.

Note that sun can come from all directions in the right weather conditions. For instance, sun coming direct through a gap in clouds, and then some white clouds surrounding that gap, that reflects indirect sun onto the panels. That is why NEC wants you to add multipliers on top of Isc for sizing wires.

The Isc rating of the inverter already factors it in.

Back