diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid 240 v EU to Split phase 240 US

winchester0080

I just purchased this . Growatt 5kw split phase transformer ATS 5000 T-ES . Hoping to solve the single phase cheapo solar inverter to split phase 240 v usable for my needs . Will post results .

Which inverter are you using?
Standard European power is L,N = 230v. With neutral being grounded.
If the neutral isn't isolated, the autotransformer will be a dead short.

Which inverter are you using?
Standard European power is L,N = 230v. With neutral being grounded.
If the neutral isn't isolated, the autotransformer will be a dead short.
So this is a small Vevor 2400W Hybrid Solar Inverter DC 24V to 230V AC Built-in 30A MPPT Solar Controller EU 230 volts output Input Voltage can be adjusted . Would like to run 120 volt for back up charging . Will be using 6 140 watt solar panels series parallel and 4 100ah agm gel type lead acid batteries . This inverter doesnt support lithium batteries . So huge concern on going cheap , trying to find a way to single phase / split phase to use as small back up power for criticle power in the house . I have neighbors real close and running my generator is not bad in day time but at night its an issue so want this to take place of generator at night if necessary . So purchased Growatt 5 kw split phase transformer ATS 5000T-ES have checked output on inverter continuity to see if ground is bonded to nuetrual and it isnt . So would like to know if this is viable ?

If the unit never bonds neutral to ground, then yes, it's viable.
But I would be very cautious.

Back