diy solar

diy solar

hybrid inverter lcd battery voltage fault and shut down

bugsb

just noticed when checking the batt pack i was getting a reading of .5v differance from the lcd readout .
lcd 24v meter 24.5 i have 2 meters so as to keep a check on them , any way i had the inverter set to max 28,8v meter reading was 29.6 (battery) . i have since turned the max down to 28v , anyway twice now the inverter has shut down saying code 8 bus short circuit fault (unrecoverable ) lucky if you shut it all down it resets , looking online there is not much on code 8 but one video was showing a battery adjustable voltage input controler once they turn the power upto 29.6 the inverter shut down code (8)
so again telly on sunny outside only about 200w being used so solar running that and recharging the batt pack then it powers down code 8 again now i am guessing battery got too high a voltage and shutdown the inverter , so can it be an easy fix or send it back from where it came from

Sounds like the PV string voltage exceeds the supported MPPT tracker voltage. If it's an eco worthy 3000w as you mentioned in another post, that supports 100V DC tops according to the specs ("Solar Input Voltage Range: 30Vdc~100Vdc").

Solution would be a combination of series/parallel PV string and thicker solar wire to the inverter to support the higher current.

at the moment its just running on 2 panels as i am awaiting delivery of the next 2 they are in series . but will put a meter in line today to double check

game over it went into code 8 i reset it then went into code 50/51 then went pop and started smoking , so i have refitted my old iconica inverter that may be a poor out put but works , as soon as i powered it up it had more spare amps while charging the battery it didnt over charge the battery. have ordered a

EDECOA 3800w 24v​

Back