diy solar

diy solar

Hyundai 300w Solar Panels - Thoughts?

Thanks. Need to get more cable and figure out best way to get them into the house so I don't have to drag the d2m outside to connect.

Adapters for an extension cord. Maybe tape mated plugs together, so you don't go AC/DC.
Include ground while you're at it, PV frames to SCC or inverter.

Or a roll of UF, is solid core so for less frequent movement. I did that for AC to a trailer in the woods.
I put UF on a spool, with MC connectors, to wire from PV combiner box to inverters I was playing with. Now have some MC4 cables tucked in through the eaves, will later run conduit to a junction box for my lab.

These 300W are about the limit of what I'd want to be hauling around regularly. Bigger panels must be a real handful. Cerbo GX is in the cards soon. Need to step up from what the BT can provide.
I went for these because I figured I could install them by myself if I had to. Couldn't do that with the 400+ panels. Now I can't even lift 100 watt panels. :mad: But if everything works out OK with the back I'll be able to do a lot more than I was.

I ordered 20 of the hyundai 305w panels from signature (backorder), to replace an array of used 250w panels
no larger panels will fit the ground mount unless I reduce from 20 panels. these will be about 20 percent more watts, plus being new. plan on selling the used 250w dirt cheap to someone local
the 305w are just a hair larger than the 250w so are the perfect upgrade.
wish I could have got the cheap 370w pallets some of you got, but no way to fit my 14 ft ironridge racks

Yeah I like the fast ac charging when needed. What panels and config will you use for the two mppt inputs?

I use the Delta in my office as a UPS with the solar out in my shed providing the A/C using pass thru. I ran out of power twice this month after 3-4 days of clouds and it came thru until the next morning.

Adapters for an extension cord. Maybe tape mated plugs together, so you don't go AC/DC.
Include ground while you're at it, PV frames to SCC or inverter.

Or a roll of UF, is solid core so for less frequent movement. I did that for AC to a trailer in the woods.
I put UF on a spool, with MC connectors, to wire from PV combiner box to inverters I was playing with. Now have some MC4 cables tucked in through the eaves, will later run conduit to a junction box for my lab.
Thinking of maybe a midnite solar combiner box (MNVP6) on the outside of the house to keep it on the listed/approved side even though it's connecting to an off grid system. I guess there's a 6 string version where you can split of into three breakers for two controllers. Seems more efficient than getting an imo disconnect and then still having to potentially deal with breakers.

Depending on series/parallel combination, if no more than 2 strings in parallel into any given MPPT input, you could combine with MC cables and "Y" adapters, all waterproof, bring the wires inside to a disconnect switch. Although switch outside is proper. There are some disconnects rated AC/DC up to 250V that are cheap enough and at the home improvement stores.

I stuck a couple of mine in the yard for a few hours just to see how they would perform. They were great even lying almost flat. But I didn't want to leave them loose with a storm coming so put them away. Now I am recovering from back surgery and can't bend, twist, push, pull or lift anything at least until I get stiches out in a week, so I can't do any more experimenting.

Now I really need to add at least 2 panels to the system because the Victron VRM solar forcast now expects them to be there and it throws off the graphs. :ROFLMAO:

Glad to see your endorsement of them. I ordered a pallet (30) 305w Hyundai and they should be here the end of next week. My sympathy on the back surgery. i broke my T-5 Sept 2013 and finally got my surgery April 2017. Gotta love worker's comp. Hope all heals quickly for you.

Watts are watts. The literature claims these panels have better low light performance, but compared to what? Huyndai makes larger panels now, as do most manufacturers. Do they use the same technology?

I questioned Signature Solar about these panels. If I recall correctly they are from a large installer that bought truckloads of them but didn't use them. So basiclaly, new, but old stock.

I bought a pallet.
Hey Q-dog, I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering how those Hyundai 300w panels worked out and if you have any updates. I'm thinking about picking up a pallet. Thanks!

Hey Q-dog, I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering how those Hyundai 300w panels worked out and if you have any updates. I'm thinking about picking up a pallet. Thanks!
Not sure if you are aware they've been out of stock at sig solar for a while now. Unless you found another source?

I had back surgery in early December and it seems to have worked 🤞 but I'm still supposed to "take it easy." SO, I haven't gotten my pergola up yet. We did get a couple of the panels mounted on a temporary rack and there have been no issues.

Not sure if you are aware they've been out of stock at sig solar for a while now. Unless you found another source?
Oh thats a bummer, they are a good match for the setup I want to build. I will have to give them a call and see if they expect any more coming in.

I had back surgery in early December and it seems to have worked 🤞 but I'm still supposed to "take it easy." SO, I haven't gotten my pergola up yet. We did get a couple of the panels mounted on a temporary rack and there have been no issues.
Glad to hear. I mostly just self medicate and just push through the pain. Its not the years its the mileage as they say, though...the years are catching up with the mileage.

Glad to hear. I mostly just self medicate and just push through the pain. Its not the years its the mileage as they say, though...the years are catching up with the mileage.
I've been living with it for about 40 years. Usually a little rest would get me back on my feet after a relapse. But the time between recovery and the next relapse was getting shorter and shorter, to the point I was spending more time recovering and less time living.

Now the knees are causing problems ... or maybe the back was so bad I didn't notice the knees were also a problem.

Now the knees are causing problems ... or maybe the back was so bad I didn't notice the knees were also a problem.
Yea....lol the squeaky wheel get the grease. Some wheels are just louder then others.

diy solar

diy solar
Back