diy solar

diy solar

I know 85MW S5G PWR on sub, but need a start on this LiFePO thing :)

niswanger

Alright, new guy here and my goal could wind up making my stay here somewhat limited. I'm looking for a reliable, easy to maintain, 12VDC 40-80AH LIFEPO battery to power my 40lb thrust trolling motor I have fitted to my 14' kayak. Sure I can go buy a marine deep cycle battery for relatively cheap and put up with the weight, but after doing some research I feel these are the batteries I'm looking after. I receive my AD/DC clamp on amp meter (my current fluke multimeter, as most, max at 10A. So I will do a static water test in a big trash can and I "guess" WOT amps will be around 40A). Problem I see is the cost, wowzers, LiPo back in 2003 for RC planes in the 4-5AH range were cheaper than this, what this heck is going on here? I would figure two decades into the 21st century these things would be very affordable?

So, to this end, I just need some leads to buy right the first time and be done. Again looking for a 40-80AH I don't feel I want the size along with the cost for a 100+AH

Thank you,
Roy Niswanger

Just buy a Battleborn 100ah lithium 12v (30-40lbs, forget, light though) or used Valance 40ah and you're set.

BTW: lithium is "white gold"- a finite recourse tack that on with supply vs demand = high cost. Eveyone can pile on there poo-poo to this post now.

Welcome to the forum!

I am helping a member build some used military cell packs into house battery for his sailboat, and am trying to come up with plans for the rest of the packs.

I figure 150ah pack would be around 350... but I haven’t tested the cell degradation yet.

Where are you located?

Back