diy solar

diy solar

i need help to determine wich lifepo4 to buy for a 30amp continous low watt hour battery

electrons

HI
Im having big hills to go up but i dont need long distance help.
im looking for a way to build a 30amp continuous (20 amps very minimum) very light. no li-on

i want good genuine cells from a trustable seller . I prefer to buy new cells but open if second hand is the only way.
i can solder but i am reticent to weld. I guess the best would be to get some prewelded tabs lifepo4 cells or pouches

Do you guys have ideas? advice and reliable seller you community has experience with?
thanks

Sounds like a motive-power application with 30a draws, and hills to go up.

The common solution is to use high-c Headways - cells designed for motive-power use. Many sellers, heck even on Amazon. Battery Hookup might have a bank with the proper capacity for you. Doublecheck because I *think* they offer both brand new and refurbished. Cells attach to each other with busbars. Many configurations because they are cylindrical and can be odd-shapes battery wise if needed.

Otherwise, there are other EV type outlets. Search for "headway battery" and you should find plenty.

Did I guess your motive-power application right?

Sounds like a motive-power application with 30a draws, and hills to go up.

The common solution is to use high-c Headways - cells designed for motive-power use. Many sellers, heck even on Amazon. Battery Hookup might have a bank with the proper capacity for you. Doublecheck because I *think* they offer both brand new and refurbished. Cells attach to each other with busbars. Many configurations because they are cylindrical and can be odd-shapes battery wise if needed.

Otherwise, there are other EV type outlets. Search for "headway battery" and you should find plenty.

Did I guess your motive-power application right?
Hi Substrate, thanks for joining the thread.

i need 48v. i need to anticipate the end result For example:

48V10AH 16S 38120AH phosphate battery, max discharge current 100A, max charging current being 50A; Weight 6kg/13.23lbs, size being 148x156x158mm or 80x310x160mm

the problem is it is too heavy to transport around in a backpack( cause i dont see a safe way to leave a battery on a locked bicycle outside with theifs passing by). This exemple also gives 480 watt hour . divided by 20 watthourperkm (yes it is to go up hills with a tork motor you guessed right) equals 24 km. I dont need that much watthour neighter.

Do headway make lighter cell? maybe smaller size too?
Are there similarly respectable cell that use the same bolt principle as headway but in smaller lighter version?

Are there small lifepo4 pouches respectable ?or
simply other genuine cells that would fit my needs?

forgive the bad english writting, im still learning:) and Thanks

Attachments

• 1671411209937.png
    1671411209937.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Think I am going to use A section of rectangular aluminum tube.

Attachments

• 1671414029042.png
    1671414029042.png
    178 KB · Views: 1
hi thanks for the pictures. I looked at them and it feels like those boxes can easily be taken out of a bicycle by a thief. do you think so also?

the amazon link would be nice if only it was lifepo4 quality build and not liion ..

You could consider using a 12 to 48 or 24 to 48 DC transformer to run the motor. Not exactly cheap for a high quality 30 amp one but it would cut down in the amount of battery cells needed in series to make the battery nominal voltage.

You could consider using a 12 to 48 or 24 to 48 DC transformer to run the motor. Not exactly cheap for a high quality 30 amp one but it would cut down in the amount of battery cells needed in series to make the battery nominal voltage.
HI jet , i re reasd this post and i feel like like im not completly understanding . I would really appreciate if you could tell me more about this method. how to do it and the ins and outs

HI jet , i re reasd this post and i feel like like im not completly understanding . I would really appreciate if you could tell me more about this method. how to do it and the ins and outs
If you can't find a 48 volt battery that is small enough for your project or cells that are small enough to build within the size constraints you could use a different battery voltage. This would require you to have a transformer which would not be ideal also because an extra device takes some space. A transformer that is large enough to output 30 amps at 48V won't be cheap and would also release some heat. I think your best bet would be define some good quality, smaller cells to make you 48 volt battery which may still require you to enlarge the space they are going in.

diy solar

diy solar
Back