diy solar

diy solar

I need to find a new Vendor

Sunfunkits and Signature Solar are to be avoided at all costs IMO and experience. Not trying to 'bash' anyone, just sharing my experience.

You better watch out or SFK will start Googling your arrest records and threaten to make them public.

I feel bad for SS because they grew too quickly and never realized they would have to be in the tech support business. Poor planning on their part and I hope they get their act together.

You better watch out or SFK will start Googling your arrest records and threaten to make them public.

Arrest records? What arrest records? lol
I feel bad for SS because they grew too quickly and never realized they would have to be in the tech support business. Poor planning on their part and I hope they get their act together.
Yeah, agreed. Too big for their britches/boots as we say here in Texas. Unfortunately, they have touted their Texas based, multi-tiered tactical tech support team since the beginning and it just doesn't seem to improve as evidenced over and over here in this forum.

Curious what did you buy from Sunfunkits? I'm on my 3rd kit from them and have 3 sets of cells, excellent service and products.
I was going to buy raw cells from them but after i saw how they treated Ray, they will never get any of my business. Threatening your customers and saying you're going to show their arrest records is chickenshit at its finest. I'm sure he lost a lot of customers here when that all went down.

I was going to buy raw cells from them but after i saw how they treated Ray, they will never get any of my business. Threatening your customers and saying you're going to show their arrest records is chickenshit at its finest. I'm sure he lost a lot of customers here when that all went down.

Yes I saw this video too and after learning more Raybuildscoolstuff claims should be taken with a grain of salt. Not only do I believe his tests were deeply flawed (he even released a follow up video saying he bulged up the tests...) but I think he is a sales rep for Docan who's 280k are extremely poor quality. He never showed his test results despite having a charger/tester that makes excellent graphs and spreadhseets; on the other hand many people here on the forums that have tested the docan stuff have had poor results:

Docan 280K are 250-260AH at best, yet according to the Ray guy all his were testing perfectly. Even Grade A 280K rarely meet the 280AH...

Same tester as Ray, clearly shows results.

I have yet to see any one that actually shows the test results have bad quality from Sun Fun Kits, seems the only people that have an issue with them are the ones that don't like the company or what the have to say, not the products they sell. You claim they doxed a customer, I'm quite certain Ray did not pay anything to get there product and the people complain about Sun Fun Kits have never bought anything form them but just like to jump on the bashing bandwagon because that is just how the internet is. How are so many people here just blinding believing this Ray guy despite all the evidence on the contrary I still trying to figure out, unless there is something else deeper going on.

I my self have the 304 cells and the test exactly what the label says: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/new-toys-arrived.56015/

I have yet to see any one that actually shows the test results have bad quality from Sun Fun Kits

You yourself stated that you tested the 280k cells from SFK and got less capacity than what the label stated.

I tested to 278 with a BMS, I did not have have my ZKE-40 tester back then. I also posed a link to my results: https://www.sunfunkits.com/app/ViewBenchmarkDetails?id=6bc89774f0f4

So if you take the BMS loss it says 284.00 AH. I'm quite certain you agree that tester with BMS vs testing cell directly will give different results.

Are the 280K cells with all the certifications not testing this way? If so why the double standard for Sun Fun Kits?

I asked you this previously you and back tracked and said you had an issue with EVE directly. I think you just have a problem with Sun Fun Kits at this point.

So this is a common theme here, all the upset people that have issue with Sun Fun Kits are not customers just angry at them for reason XYZ. I have yet to see anyone who has PAID this company money upset with there customer service or products.

If these are the rules then people who have purchased products form them should be the ones doing the critiquing.

There are plenty of issues with EVE directly, in that they can't ship properly to (and don't care about) small players. I also believe they had a bad batch (A grade or not) in the 280k series where the label did not match the test results, no matter where you bought them from (including SFK).

Point being that they (and these are fro SFK, Luyuan, etc. any grade) did not get to 280Ah (or barely so) even with a tester like ZKE, even though the label on them stated you should measure well over 280Ah. Plenty of reports on that.

I have yet to see anyone who has PAID this company money upset with there customer service or products.

Let's just say I verified a SFK cell (and a Luyuan cell) in my lab and it did not match the label. I will not identify which company I did that for. You don't have to believe me.

I my self have the 304 cells and the test exactly what the label says: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/new-toys-arrived.56015/

So did the 304Ah Alibaba cells that were tested in that video.

I tested to 278 with a BMS, I did not have have my ZKE-40 tester back then. I also posed a link to my results: https://www.sunfunkits.com/app/ViewBenchmarkDetails?id=6bc89774f0f4

So if you take the BMS loss it says 284.00 AH. I'm quite certain you agree that tester with BMS vs testing cell directly will give different results.

Are the 280K cells with all the certifications not testing this way? If so why the double standard for Sun Fun Kits?

I asked you this previously you and back tracked and said you had an issue with EVE directly. I think you just have a problem with Sun Fun Kits at this point.

So this is a common theme here, all the upset people that have issue with Sun Fun Kits are not customers just angry at them for reason XYZ. I have yet to see anyone who has PAID this company money upset with there customer service or products.

If these are the rules then people who have purchased products form them should be the ones doing the critiquing.
Are you looking at calculated Ah rating based on Wh/3.2V?
BMS has no effect on Ah measurement if you only looking at measurement of current draw over time.

Back