diy solar

diy solar

iCharger 4010 Duo to Initially charge and balance AmpereTime 12v 200Ah Batteries

TurbineTester

Title says it all, pretty much. I'm hoping to be able to use my iCharger 4010 Duo powered with 2x12v server power supplies to charge and balance my 5 new ampere time 12v 200Ah batteries before i wire them up in parrallel in my RV. Since i'm not charging individual 3.6v cells within each battery, but just charging each individual 12v battery by itself, i'm hoping there is a person here who can tell me how to set this up properly on my iCharger. I don't want to spend several days on each battery, but i'm hoping i can set up parameters to Charge/Discharge/Charge cycle each battery once so i can verify the capacity of each cell before installing them in the battery bank. I have a load i can hook up to channel 2 to really speed up the discharge cycle so that should help with overall cycle time. Can anyone suggest the correct charge/discharge settings?

Page 16 for Charge.

Page 20 for Discharge.

Page 21 for cycle.
CHG->DCHG
20Min

Charge @25A, 20% end current, 3.6V/cell
discharge to 2.5V/cell @10A

Will take the better part of 15 hours to cycle a single battery.

You must provide 450W per channel to ensure the unit has enough power to charge @ 25A.

There's a good chance that the BMS will trigger cut off at both ends. Be prepared to intervene.

Ok I got them all charged up using the manufacturer recommended 14.6V CV charging spec. They all kept taking current until the BMS cut out. IN about 1-2 mins the BMS kicked back on and all 5 batteries eventually settled back down to 13.35V. I've got them all wired up in parrallel and hooked up to the MAGNUM Inverter. It runs the microwave and doesn't even deplete 1Ah for running it for one minute. All in all it seems to be working very well so far with one exception. When the magnum inverter gets close to the absorb charging stage, the BMV-702 actually drops all data. Even with the BMV connected to a phone that does not go into screen saver mode, the Victron Connect app looses the charge/voltage usage history, even though it stay connected to the bluetooth and still reports voltage, and it reports no Amps in/out even though the Magnum shows it's still sending current (20-80 Amps) to the batteries. It will reconnect shortly, and then reconnect again. If it weren't for the Magnum Inverter Panel saying it's sending a NOT insignificant amount of current into the batteries, i woudl say the BMV is behaving like one or more of the AmpereTime BMS may be cutting out. Should i adjust some parameters in the Magnum set up to change the settings from charging the prior 2x100Ah battleborn batteries to the 5x200Ah Ampere Time batteries?

Ok I got them all charged up using the manufacturer recommended 14.6V CV charging spec. They all kept taking current until the BMS cut out. IN about 1-2 mins the BMS kicked back on and all 5 batteries eventually settled back down to 13.35V. I've got them all wired up in parrallel and hooked up to the MAGNUM Inverter. It runs the microwave and doesn't even deplete 1Ah for running it for one minute. All in all it seems to be working very well so far with one exception. When the magnum inverter gets close to the absorb charging stage, the BMV-702 actually drops all data. Even with the BMV connected to a phone that does not go into screen saver mode, the Victron Connect app looses the charge/voltage usage history, even though it stay connected to the bluetooth and still reports voltage, and it reports no Amps in/out even though the Magnum shows it's still sending current (20-80 Amps) to the batteries. It will reconnect shortly, and then reconnect again. If it weren't for the Magnum Inverter Panel saying it's sending a NOT insignificant amount of current into the batteries, i woudl say the BMV is behaving like one or more of the AmpereTime BMS may be cutting out. Should i adjust some parameters in the Magnum set up to change the settings from charging the prior 2x100Ah battleborn batteries to the 5x200Ah Ampere Time batteries?

The shunt must be the only thing attached to the battery (-). All loads and chargers must be connected to the system side of the shunt.

14.6V is not needed to fully charge LFP, and it often induces BMS cut-off as you've observed. It is best to avoid that. Recommend you charge to 14.4V. Set float to 13.6V.

Back