diy solar

diy solar

Ideas for mounting in trailer tongue box

skipdup

I'm still trying to learn as this is just my 2nd LFP build...

I have eight 306Ah Eve cells (and two BMS) I'm trying to fit into a compartment in a trailer tongue box. Planning on two separate 306Ah batteries for ~600 total. Trailer is an off-road type, so will be hostile environment.

Hoping someone might have advice/ideas on best way to proceed. And/or keep me out of trouble. :)

1st pic shows there is just enough room (though quite snug) to go longwise- using the box itself as the battery box. But this seems sketchy???

2nd pic shows short wise, which would require building boxes of some sort. Half way thinking about 8020 framed and lined with 1/4" starboard... though building in my head is getting complicated.

I'm basically psyching myself out into paralysis. :) Been reading as much as I can, and trying to make sense on insulating the cells from each other, compressing or not, heating or not, and securing safely (so they don't fly/bounce around)... Hoping ideas or talking out here will help me get a freaking grip. :)

Hopefully I've included enough info to get started. And hopefully this shouldn't have gone in the beginner forum...

Many thanks!!!
Skip
IMG_5205.jpegIMG_5206.jpegIMG_4989.jpeg

diy solar

diy solar
Back