diy solar

diy solar

Mobile cart build

That’s a great idea tbh. Really astonishing that there’s not something modular on the market.
Half the gripe on EV is “slow fueling” obviously due to weight there’d need to be logistical consideration but if one could simply do a battery exchange similar to say a propane tank exchange, that’d be awesome.

it would take huge infrastructure changes for this to work, and you wouldn't want to 'give up' your brand new battery pack and get a five year old one in the exchange program,
The fly in my thinking is the weight. But I have a forklift and other equipment so I just dream anyway.

I saw a vid where they remove the battery pack from an F150 Lightning, wow what a job.
I expect if people will steal a catalytic converter, your removable battery wouldn't last a week in some places.

it would take huge infrastructure changes for this to work, and you wouldn't want to 'give up' your brand new battery pack and get a five year old one in the exchange program,
The fly in my thinking is the weight. But I have a forklift and other equipment so I just dream anyway.

I saw a vid where they remove the battery pack from an F150 Lightning, wow what a job.
I expect if people will steal a catalytic converter, your removable battery wouldn't last a week in some places.
I think one possible solution is to build in a hydraulic or even electric system that extracts and reinserts the battery pack. Think about how a wheelchair lift works on a van or something along those lines. Then you just need a battery cart to move it around. Yeah, we could do it with our pallet forks on the tractor or forklift but not everyone has one of those lying around. I mean, everyone should. But they don't. ?

Back