diy solar

diy solar

If it were you what would you be looking at?

Bambinoruth714

I can charge my Lithium batteries from my charge mode but they won't charge from my solar panels, what would you be looking at?

Attachments

• 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 0-11.jpg
    0-11.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-3.jpg
    0-3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 22
Connections and charge controller settings for one. What batteries are you running (lead acid or lithium - I hope lead acid based on your settings)?

Looking at your pictures some more: is it true that there is only 37V or so solar voltage, and you're trying to charge a 48V battery? That won't work... I might just read that wrong.

a max voltage of 75V for the batteries?? I think we need more info. it says it absorb charged for 2 hours than float charged for 6:27 hours

Being that the charge controller is in a "charged" state. I am assuming the conext is charging the batteries...

I'd be looking at the Outback manual. The manual provides detailed information on each screen and setting in a reasonable sequential manner. There are a lot of screens and settings on the CC that you're not showing us that may keep the charger from working.

But checking the connections and circuit breakers is a good start.

The second Outback screen is interesting. It shows that your panels are producing 119.6 Volts with no current. Usually, the Outback shows a current and then below it is 72.3 volts with again no current and then at the bottom it shows charged.

The 72.3 volts should be your battery voltage. I am not sure why it would show your battery voltage at 72.3 volts.

You definitely need to go through your Outback settings and make sure that they are set correctly. The Outback does not work unless you are in the Bulk mode. Charged implies that your batteries are full, and it turns off the Charge Controller.

I used to have a couple of Outback FM80s but replaced them with Victron's.

Once you let us know what type of batteries you have and the Outback settings, then we can help you get them straightened out.

Last edited:
Back