diy solar

diy solar

Inergy AC outlet issue?

Boywinston

I speak to the guy at Inergy and I will ask him. I would like to ask Will, Whether you think the problem with Ecoflow Delta1300, being that its AC outlets are reversed, and one requires an Adapter for safe operation, as well as the issues with its Grounding, have been fixed. These problems were discussed a while ago here.

I speak to the guy at Inergy and I will ask him. I would like to ask Will, Whether you think the problem with Ecoflow Delta1300, being that its AC outlets are reversed, and one requires an Adapter for safe operation, as well as the issues with its Grounding, have been fixed. These problems were discussed a while ago here.
What outlets are reversed? I never had an issue. And just connect ground and neutral if you have a ground sensing load. Super easy

Here is a summary of the discussion on this issue here, and a response from Delta.

1. Ecoflow delta1300 has a floating ground
-issue is this safe?

2. Ecoflow has a mechanical issue being reversed polarity. You cannot plug in a three-pronged plug. The issue is that the large slot is on the right, whereas a US outlet the larger slot is on left. Any 2 blade cord works ok, and there is a hole for the grounding plug, not grounded.

3. Delta Response: We are cooperating with UL standards, Delta is using off-grid inverters which do not require between the neutral and hotwires. IF YOU NEED TO USE A SPECIFIC APPLIANCE THAT FEATURES A THREE-PRONGED POLARIZED PLUG, WE CAN PROVIDE A POLARIZED GROUNDING ADAPTER TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS.

Will is this a problem? Seems like it is as they admit that an adapter is needed to make it safe.

Not sure if that's any different than using a camp generator that really should be grounded.

Here is a summary of the discussion on this issue here, and a response from Delta.

1. Ecoflow delta1300 has a floating ground
-issue is this safe?

2. Ecoflow has a mechanical issue being reversed polarity. You cannot plug in a three-pronged plug. The issue is that the large slot is on the right, whereas a US outlet the larger slot is on left. Any 2 blade cord works ok, and there is a hole for the grounding plug, not grounded.

3. Delta Response: We are cooperating with UL standards, Delta is using off-grid inverters which do not require between the neutral and hotwires. IF YOU NEED TO USE A SPECIFIC APPLIANCE THAT FEATURES A THREE-PRONGED POLARIZED PLUG, WE CAN PROVIDE A POLARIZED GROUNDING ADAPTER TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS.

Will is this a problem? Seems like it is as they admit that an adapter is needed to make it safe.

A Honda 2000 generator also has a floating ground. That's not an issue.
The outlet plate being backwards is not a mechanical issue. It's cosmetic. You can plug in any 2 prong outlet. You can also plug in a 3 prong outlet. The only thing you can't plug in is a 3 prong polarized plug, which just requires a $1 adapter to solve that problem. Those are also very uncommon. I've never even seen one. They also never said an adapter is needed to make it "safe". You made that part up. You're also posting this in the wrong place.

I appreciate your response and post. If a Brand New Product needs an adapter to resolve an issue of polarization etc, the implication is that the product is unsafe. By them offering to provide an adapter, it is clear that an adapter is needed, and since the issue is polarization, the implication is safety. I understand that polarized plugs are created for safety reasons.

I appreciate your response and post. If a Brand New Product needs an adapter to resolve an issue of polarization etc, the implication is that the product is unsafe. By them offering to provide an adapter, it is clear that an adapter is needed, and since the issue is polarization, the implication is safety. I understand that polarized plugs are created for safety reasons.
This horse has been beat for many months now. This is also spamming the Inergy thread. It's not unsafe. They've proved that with safety certifications. You likely don't even have a 3 prong polarized plug so this isn't an issue. Just sell the Delta if you won't accept the truth. You should have no issues getting more than you paid for it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back