diy solar

diy solar

infrared camera

I like these higher quality thermal cameras but not their price. A cheaper option that I went with was the Klein TI250 Rechargeable Thermal Imaging Camera. Does a decent job. I too started look around the house, shed,….and found insulation issues and tons of new honey do’s. Never realized that the can ceiling lights were dumping in so much heat into the house. This thermal camera works well enough for me.

Attachments

• IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1
Excessive permission request with mobile applications is unfortunately common. Sometimes intentionally by design on developer side and sometimes due to lack of feature availability on operating system side. Ideally there's an "add to library only" option instead of "read/write everything"

At least with current android you can say yes when installing and the go and revoke the permission afterwards. If it won't run without you can set it to only allow when the app is active.

The photo permission on these is so it can write the pictures and video to the phone storage in the right place. Then it can be shared easy.

If you want a nice USB C ir camera for android I use this https://www.amazon.pl/gp/aw/d/B0CN2ZHKQ4 but it is certainly not cheap. I paid $350 if i remember correctly. It is 256x192 true pixels real 50Hz and very low latency (this is the key really, because as you move it around it looks higher resolution than it really is) also pretty good sensitivity. I can see deer from 400m and you can actually tell its deer. Small birds at 300m show up as a single pixel. A cat at 100m is recognisable at night (from high ground of course and not in deep grass/bushes) It is really amazing tech. I was astonished how many critters are visible on surrounding fields at night (mostly early spring when there is no hay etc)

Looking at other things, if i walk on my tile floor (in socks) you can see warm tracks slowly dissapearing over 30s or so. Same if you look at a keyboard after writing. Certain keys are warmer.

I bought it to diagnose electronics, as a security tool to see at night far out and to take temperature of my cats non-invasively. It does all these things great.

Few pics:
A laptop with a hdmi adapter,a cat, a group of deer at about 350m. It has manual focus but pretty good depth of field. If your objects are more than 10m away you never need to set focus. If you look at objects very close like in the same room orvon the bench you havr to turn the objective to get focus. I coukf progably improve that laptop photo if i played with the focus a bit.
1719927855785.jpg1706733430574.jpg1709574997461.jpg

At least with current android you can say yes when installing and the go and revoke the permission afterwards. If it won't run without you can set it to only allow when the app is active.

The photo permission on these is so it can write the pictures and video to the phone storage in the right place. Then it can be shared easy.
absolutely. operating system level privilege revocation is very valuable and important.

best if the option exists to tell app yes and still say no.

diy solar

diy solar
Back