diy solar

diy solar

Inverter going off and back on

I read today 1ft vs 3ft in 10awg is nominal loss so I will do that. Thanks

Yes - there isn't any downside.

Longer term, you will want a way to separate each battery from the system, either with a fuse or breaker.

One reason is for safety - as your set up is perfectly capable of evaporating those wires and that can be exciting.

The other less obvious reason is that inside of most LiFe consumer batteries is a BMS that trips it off when it detects conditions that it isn't happy with.

The way that these are re-set is to disconnect the battery from the circuit. You can do this using tools but sometimes it is nice to just flip a breaker switch or pull a fuse.

Here is an example of twisted pair wiring in case anyone needs it for a reference in the future.

Yes - there isn't any downside.

Longer term, you will want a way to separate each battery from the system, either with a fuse or breaker.

One reason is for safety - as your set up is perfectly capable of evaporating those wires and that can be exciting.

The other less obvious reason is that inside of most LiFe consumer batteries is a BMS that trips it off when it detects conditions that it isn't happy with.

The way that these are re-set is to disconnect the battery from the circuit. You can do this using tools but sometimes it is nice to just flip a breaker switch or pull a fuse.

Here is an example of twisted pair wiring in case anyone needs it for a reference in the future.

I do have fuses inline on all 3 batteries.

I do have fuses inline on all 3 batteries.

In that case, try pulling each of them - one at a time for 10 seconds and re-install.

It might be that one of the battery BMS is acting up and this will re-set it.

Keep it all live through this process if you can.

It could be that one of those fuse holders is acting up in the heat. It happens.

Update: I found loose negative terminal to inverter on bus bar and 2 crimps that were bad. Today is dark, overcast, and rain so ran TV for 30 min and shut down to maintain charge - no problems.
This might have solved my problem.
Thanks to all who offered help.
J

Update: I found loose negative terminal to inverter on bus bar and 2 crimps that were bad. Today is dark, overcast, and rain so ran TV for 30 min and shut down to maintain charge - no problems.
This might have solved my problem.
Thanks to all who offered help.
J

It is not so easy to make good crimps - at least for me.

First I purchased $15 crimpers - and failed to make consistent crimps on 10 awg wire. Actually failed to make very many good ones at all.

Then I purchased $75 crimpers - and failed to make 100% consistent crimps on 10 awg wire. Really still pretty terrible.

Then I purchased $350 crimpers - and now I have really 100% consistent crimps on 10 awg wire and can teach anyone to make consistent crimps in 15 minutes.

This is the challenge with wire crimping - doing low volume does not really allow for use of lower cost tools. At least it didn't for me.

It is not so easy to make good crimps - at least for me.

First I purchased $15 crimpers - and failed to make consistent crimps on 10 awg wire. Actually failed to make very many good ones at all.

Then I purchased $75 crimpers - and failed to make 100% consistent crimps on 10 awg wire. Really still pretty terrible.

Then I purchased $350 crimpers - and now I have really 100% consistent crimps on 10 awg wire and can teach anyone to make consistent crimps in 15 minutes.

This is the challenge with wire crimping - doing low volume does not really allow for use of lower cost tools. At least it didn't for me.
I agree crimps are hard to get right. Best I do is slow, careful, and mash the &#/<& out of the connection. And you see the result. I did look at some "how to ..." on web and you tube which helped some.
Again, thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back