diy solar

diy solar

Shut my magnum inverter down and can't get it to come back on- help!

Sparky7

Hello, I wired in a relay to do a solar water heater dump. I hooked up a Whizzbang Junior to my mid night classic charge controller.

In order to do this, I shut the entire system down and now I can’t get the inverter to start back up.

thank you

Attachments

• 42E9906F-E738-4BC4-A0ED-591F01B87BC9.jpeg
    42E9906F-E738-4BC4-A0ED-591F01B87BC9.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have two of the inverters for my system. I have shut them down a number of times. The important thing is to make sure you do a precharge for the large capacitors in them. I connect a 50 ohm resistor to my 48 volt battery for a while to precharge the capacitor then I switch on the circuit breaker to connect the 48 volts to the inverter then push the on button.

Since I have two inverters in parallel, then I need to use the ME-ARTR advanced router to start them. It has a button on it for starting the inverters. I still have to do the pre-charge or they will not fire up. The BMS trips due to overcurrent then you have to wait for it to reset.

Never mind. I found the problem. When I disconnected the neg. Shunt bolt the negative battery cable fell behind everything. I never saw it. When testing connections we noticed it.

Thank you for your help. It's all good now!

Last edited:
Back