diy solar

diy solar

Inverter showing MPPT current limiting

promise2k

Hi Guys

I have an off grid solar system. I have 2000 watts Solar connected to a 5kva Must Solar Inverter ( PH1800 Plus Series ) and connected to a Leoch LFeLi-48100T 48V 100Ah Lithium battery.

I have noticed that during peak solar production, the inverter only charges the battery at max 20Amps. I have tried to change the battery profile on the inverter from Lithium to others, but still the max is 20Amps. The defaults on the inverter regarding charging amps( from Solar and Grid) are also set to higher values , ie more than 20Amps.

when I use the Must software to log into the Inverter I can see it shows "MPPT state current limiting" even when the battery has low State of charge. is this good, is there something im missing?

I can't download any docs from the website.

This looks like the same thing as a MPPT Solar 5048. When flaky things happen, many folks see normal function restored by a reset:

disconnect panels
disconnect battery
wait a few minutes
connect battery
connect panels

I can't download any docs from the website.

This looks like the same thing as a MPPT Solar 5048. When flaky things happen, many folks see normal function restored by a reset:

disconnect panels
disconnect battery
wait a few minutes
connect battery
connect panels

I have tried to do this prior to posting on the forum, but unfortunatly this dent resolve the issue.

I had similar issue with my 3kw PH1800 compatible inverter. I resolved it by changing battery type from Li to User

Back