diy solar

diy solar

Inverter suggestions

Johndobbs

I've seen will on his videos talk highly of two inverters.
Growatt and MPP Solar.
I'm curious to see what inverters you guys have used and how reliable they have been.
I am a commercial driver and looking to put together some lithium batteries with the right inverter of quality.
Personally I like victron but they can be rather expensive.

As a commercial driver, how many panels can you put up? I set up 900 watts of panels and those are about 30' X 2', so around 60 sq feet. That is not really a lot for a All in One like you mention. Those idle draws could be quite large.

I have a Victron Phoenix 24 volt 375 watt Inverter, A Samlex 3000 watt 24 volt PST Inverter and a Samlex 2000 watt 12 volt PST inverter and would recommend any of those. Idle draw on the Samlex's are about 1 amp so around 12 watts for the 12 volt and 27 watts for the large one. The smaller phoenix inverter has an idle draw of .33 amps.

I'm not an owner operator so I can't put panels on the truck but I can put the panels in the truck and set them out before I go to sleep but it won't really need those at first.
The company I work for puts a 2000 W inverter in some of their trucks I could plug in 100 amps or more worth of chargers for a 12 volt system. on 2000 w right now I only plug in a 45 amp charger to charge 2 - 100 amp batteries

Back