diy solar

diy solar

Inverter Weirdness with 220v ?

Seems backwards to me that a larger load would make it go to battery. Usually I'd expect the opposite problem - on battery, it can't handle the load, and it switch to bypass and use grid.

Weird.

Mines been running a Pioneer Inverter ++ 12K, along with the rest of the house. I've ran using grid pass through while charging batteries and off batteries with or without grid connected with no issues.
Here's a fun snapshot of mine during a load of laundry. I wish i could catch a true peak when the well pump hammers it's somewhere north of 9Kw.

I'm really curious what the issue is. Have you metered utility voltages since the brownout?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-163529.jpg
    Screenshot_20231227-163529.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
I used an existing 50amp breaker that had been in this box when I bought the house. I decided to swap it with a new breaker to be sure, same as @timselectric kept mentioning. AIO unhappy with inbound current… must be something on inbound side… everything is new but that breaker… I think this could have been the problem. This breaker looks terrible, not sure if that’s grease or melting. New vs old. I am testing now but it did just stay in bypass running the living room mini split full tilt….
65432BED-57DC-4C90-B8A7-3A7F53ADE9AD.jpeg

Loose connection.
Glad that you found it. Before anything worse happened.
Yes looks like a combination of noalox and bad contact. This is the one area of my electrical system I’ve yet to rebuild. I haven’t had this house long and I am slowly replacing everything. The housing is warped and the contacts were ugly, the grease was so globbed into the breaker I’d be surprised if it also wasn’t creating some amount of resistance. This is actually a big deal for me:
A6E4C590-D552-41B0-98D2-A677574C006E.jpeg
9855E08B-090F-48FB-80CD-2705B6375234.jpeg

That was abit of a rookie error, but I am thankful it was something simple. I work in IT and I’m still pretty rookie at electrical, but I am learning.

Thank you guys very very much for helping me to focus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Yes looks like a combination of noalox and bad contact. This is the one area of my electrical system I’ve yet to rebuild. I haven’t had this house long and I am slowly replacing everything. The housing is warped and the contacts were ugly, the grease was so globbed into the breaker I’d be surprised if it also wasn’t creating some amount of resistance. This is actually a big deal for me:
View attachment 185371
View attachment 185372

That was abit of a rookie error, but I am thankful it was something simple. I work in IT and I’m still pretty rookie at electrical, but I am learning.

Thank you guys very very much for helping me to focus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Glad you got it working.
I just noticed your indicator lights are in a different location than mine and your display has much more color than mine.

Glad you got it working.
I just noticed your indicator lights are in a different location than mine and your display has much more color than mine.
So far this unit is running flawless. It’s not doing the high pitched noise I could hear the old unit doing. I feel like the fans run less and the LEDs as well as screen do seem brighter. I still have a good feeling about this unit…. It was smart enough to detect that inbound line was sketchy ? Pretty excited I can keep this progress moving forward. Another wall batt arrives next week ?? BE454802-A394-49B1-BE7E-6F2270FAED9A.jpeg

Back