diy solar

diy solar

Iotawatt with emporia CT’s?

BlindBadger

So I got an emporia vue a bit ago as I planned my solar and battery install (happening later this year!) and I love the numbers I get from it, especially since I get it feeding into my home assistant vm.

However, I’d love less reliance on the internet and found the Iotawatt but before I purchase it, I was wondering if I could just migrate my existing CTs over to it or if I had to swap them out. Would save me a bit of work if I could just migrate the cable ends from one to the other.

Anyone ever tried this?

you can use any cts including the vue cts.

there is also a way to use the emporia vue locally without the internet
I found this on here.dont know anything about it since I dont own an emporia

Sweet, that’s good to know!

I’m hesitant with soldering anything that small is the reason I haven’t gone down the route of modifying the vue board…but maybe I can find someone local who has more steady hands than me. Hmm

Sweet, that’s good to know!

I’m hesitant with soldering anything that small is the reason I haven’t gone down the route of modifying the vue board…but maybe I can find someone local who has more steady hands than me. Hmm
i was reading that and I dont see where he actually got it fully working so I deleted it from my original post. I love the iotawatt btw

i was reading that and I dont see where he actually got it fully working so I deleted it from my original post. I love the iotawatt btw
This is where folks got it working I believe.

There’s a link on there that goes to the page showing what to solder and it seems simple enough but my soldering skills are…barely good enough for an electric guitar cavity, much less tiny circuitry.

I recently flashed my Vue 2 with ESPHome, and it works very well.

I'm not sure you if you can directly use the Vue CTs on the Iotawatt. I believe all of the CTs used on the vue have an in-built burden resistor, so you either need to remove the burden resistor from vue CT or from the Iotawatt.

I recently flashed my Vue 2 with ESPHome, and it works very well.

I'm not sure you if you can directly use the Vue CTs on the Iotawatt. I believe all of the CTs used on the vue have an in-built burden resistor, so you either need to remove the burden resistor from vue CT or from the Iotawatt.
I believe you can disable the burden resistors in the iotawatt

Back