diy solar

diy solar

Ireland gets hit by Hurricanes?

Lorenzo... You'd have thought Portugal or Italy, right? I'm pretty sure that water is usually so cold up there a hurricane can't stay organized; so that image surprised me. I thought I saw one of the members was a weatherman from the UK, perhaps they'll know (it might have been the old forums).

Ah.... just checked the update and they now think it'll have downgraded to storm force by the time it gets there.

I can tell you, this hurricane season went so crazy like 2017, I have been in a lot of hurricanes and is a really bad moment especially when the worst one Maria to Puerto Rico 1 year without electricity.

I thought I saw one of the members was a weatherman from the UK, perhaps they'll know (it might have been the old forums).
Hi svetz, I don't know if that was me you're referring to, I did have a signature at the bottom of my posts which showed a live update from my weather station, but I thought it looked a little obtrusive and so I removed it. I'm certainly not a meteorologist, but do have an interest in weather observations (and of course solar). The next biggy is Typhoon Hagibis which looks like it's going to bump into Japan this weekend 11th, 12th and 13th October 2019.

John

Hi Johnny!

It may have been! Mainly it just surprised me when I saw it, I wasn't sure if Ireland had ever been hit by a hurricane. Fortunately it lost energy over the cold north atlantic waters and just hit as a really big storm.

Hi svetz,

The last big one to hit Ireland was Hurricane Ophelia (Cat3) 16th October 2017, followed a week late by storm 'Brian'. Ophelia also dragged with it tropical air and dust from the Sahara and caused the sun to appear orange and the sky a beige colour - not a good day for solar energy. I took this picture on that day.

Attachments

• 2017-10-16 Watford Weather 0077.jpg
    2017-10-16 Watford Weather 0077.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6
Well Japan is taking quite a bashing this weekend, not only Typhoon Hagibis, but a tornado and an a magnitude 5.3 earthquake. More here if you're interested.

Attachments

• Hagibis Over Japan 2019-10-12.jpg
    Hagibis Over Japan 2019-10-12.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1
Back