diy solar

diy solar

Is Anybody Else Doing The PG&E Powersaver Rewards?

Yeah, I remember. We didn't get hit last time around. Those were a contributing factor to why I've got a battery now.

Right now I'm earning $ with OhmConnect. Even if we do end up with rolling blackouts, I've got enough battery reserved to survive the night, so I'll be fine. It's going to be a rough one if we do have rolling blackouts again!

What period is the usage compared with? I think SCE is prior 3 days. So after being on inverter for 3 days the savings fade away.
Got to like $2 kWh :)

No it's a complex baseline, but seems fair. It's spelled out on the PG&E Powersaver rewards website.

"How is the amount of energy I reduced during a Power Saver Rewards event determined?

The amount of energy you used during an event is compared against the amount of energy you used on recent, similar, non-event days during the same time period to determine the amount of energy you saved.

To calculate your expected energy usage, we identify the 10 previous weekdays (if the event is on a weekday) or the 5 previous weekend days or holidays (if the event is on a weekend or holiday). Within those days, we choose the 5 days with the highest energy usage for a weekday event or the 3 days with the highest energy usage for a weekend or holiday event. Only the days that did not experience an event or power outage are considered. We calculate your average energy usage for a weekday event or the weighted average for a weekend or holiday event. Lastly, an adjustment is made to allow for weather conditions based on your energy usage during the hours before and after the event compared to the same hours on the selected similar days."

The difference between your expected energy usage and your actual energy usage during the event is what you will be paid for, applied as a yearly credit to your bill.

Last edited:
There's an Emergency Energy Alert on the California Electric Grid.

The California ISO has issued an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) 1 Notice for the CAISO Grid,
effective 09/05/2022 17:00 through 09/05/2022 21:00.

Reason:
The ISO is anticipating high loads and temperatures across the |CAISO Grid.

CAISO is forecasting an energy deficiency, with all available resources in use
or forecasted to be in use, for the specified time period.

And tomorrow looks worse.

OhmConnect has a special 3 hour long even, is giving 4x normal payback, and a $50 if you save enough. I'll hit the mark easily. I wonder if I'll make $100 again?

Screenshot_20220905-172305.png

My inverter is out in a shed, but was able to handle a high of 104°F today. We'll see about 114°F Monday, and 115°F Tuesday (all time record high temperature), which is forecast Tuesday.
Hey guy, are these real temps ? Not heat index ,but actual F temps..? If it’s F then that is mindboggeling…..…

The real high today was 110°, and they are real temperatures. Supposedly hotter tomorrow.
That’s why I asked, many news stations use heat index to jack up the news story…I have never heard of that except in some desert areas… wow… take care…
jim.

Yeah, no joke. It's not fun. 111 is the real temp, no adjustment.

I think it's about the same (sentiment) as those in the snowy north say when they get the cold winter storm blowing through at -30F

It doesn't happen often it's been a few years since it's been this hot here, it does get hot here every summer just not this hot. But, living in the south west, at least I don't get snow. And it's sunny 9 months of the year.

They just called a transmission emergency.
The California ISO hereby issues a Northern CA Region TRANSMISSION EMERGENCY Notice
effective 09/05/2022 17:58 through 09/05/2022 22:00
based on conditions as of 09/05/2022 18:00.

Reason:
Emergency generation needed to relieve overloads in the Palermo area (Butte county?)

Last edited:
Man that is hot. A heat index of 109 here a few years back I thought was bad enough. Real temp that high is nuts. Stay safe guys.

Reactions: JRH
It was 118 at my house last year. You almost had to squint when you were outside because the hot breeze irritated the eyes.
That’s awful.. put some large low profile bowls of water out at night for the critters.. there’s more roaming around than you think…

Optional load shed such as A/C cut was initiated for about two hours.

I saw that represented in one of the charts. The demand had been modified. The emergencies are now over, but the FlexAlert is on for 20 minutes more. It's still 95° at 9:40 PM.

It takes a couple days for OhmConnect to process the data. I just got the results from Saturday.
I earned about 23,000 points.
29,000 points about $50 and that was just a double points day. I've got a 4x event this evening.

I almost forgot, I also received a $20 Cold Stone gift card for Sat. So, $60

Screenshot_20220906-123450.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back